Too much weight gain?

Options
I started P90X3 doing the mass schedule on 29/03/2014. I've been eating approximately 2700 calories per day. My concern is that I have put on too much fat and no muscle :( I weighed 140 pound on 29/03/2014 and as of today I weigh 148 pound. Is this weight gain too quick and am I just getting fat?

Replies

• Harry_jazzhands
    Options
    toss up a pic, newbie gains should be pretty quick, but its only been just under a month, rome wasnt built in a day
  • Errington36
    Errington36 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had my girlfriend take this last night

33yias1.jpg
  • patrick139
    Options
    Hi Errington, My name is Patrick and im a beachbody coach. I have done P90X1, x2, T25, X3 and now im on round 2 of X3 again, this time i am also doing the MASS Version.

Few questions. Did you check what eating plan you fall into according to the p90x3 nutrition guide? that determines the rough amount of calories you should be consuming as well as from the proper types of foods (Protien, carbs and fats).

The scale can be the worst deceiver. As you lose fat and replace that with lean muscle, the scale will start to flux a bit, and sometimes even stay stagnant all together. The best thing to do is to take measurements of the various regions. Biceps, stomach, Quads, Chest..etc This way you will get proper accurate measurements as opposed to just the numbers on the scale.
    Once again about the nutrition, it has to be pretty spot on along with following the program in order to get the best results and to get that lean muscle and not gain fat.
  • Errington36
    Errington36 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Patrick

I am on the 2700 calorie plan. This is what P90X3 said I should be on. I have been eating clean foods and meeting this target. I might just drop the calories slightly. My body fat is currently at 8.1% which is still in the lean bracket ( apparently) lol.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    So you've added 8lbs in a month. That seems high. However, how much did you gain in the first week? When I started my bulk I gained 7lbs the first week. If you've gained 2lbs every week consistently then I would say you're putting on way too much, I would definitely lower it down. 2700 doesn't seem like a lot for a bulk though so that's why I'm asking the original question.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I was eating well over 2000- by the time I was finishing up I eating upwards of 2500.

2700 for a guy doesn't seem like much honestly.
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi Patrick

I am on the 2700 calorie plan. This is what P90X3 said I should be on. I have been eating clean foods and meeting this target. I might just drop the calories slightly. My body fat is currently at 8.1% which is still in the lean bracket ( apparently) lol.

i would put you at 14%-15%
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Hi Patrick

i would put you at 14%-15%

I'd say that's kinda generous. In any case, not even close to 8%.

OP may be a small guy, and 2700 could be a bit high. Most of the recent weight gain is undoubtedly water, but if OP continues to gain waist size, might want to reduce the intake a bit.