Hello!

Options
I'm new here and I've been cruising around here for a while and I think I've got it halfway figured out :) I'm trying to lose 30-35lbs, and I'm a chronic yo-yo dieter, so I came across this website on Facebook and thought I would give it a try. I'm a night shift nurse so it messes with my eating habits, hence the yo-yo dieting... anyone have any tips/tricks for someone like me?? Thanks! Hoping you'll all see me for a while... :)

Replies

• oracle730
    Options
    Don't look at it as a diet...look at it as a way to eat forever. Even after you reach your goal, you have to focus your energy on maintenance. This site will help you maintain your goal weight if you are diligent. (BTW your maintenance calories are higher than your calories while you are trying to loose weight.)
  • blondie1238
    Options
    Thanks for the input... I appreciate it :)
  • LaVerne2008
    Options
    my family is full of yo yo dieters and my mom looks at it as changing into a new lifestyle, "this is how it is forever, not just until i get what i want!" so i'm taking her advice and i started on mfp yesterday. if you need a friend feel free to add me. no one can have to much support! :smile:
  • aliciagrace89
    aliciagrace89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey, Im new here. Heard about this site from my Sister In Law who has lost 100lbs. Would like to start my own LifeStyle change. I wanna get healthy and shed the lbs. Wedding is on April 30th and my first goal is to loose 20lbs before my dress alterations (:

Any tips or advice is welcome. Thank you<3