Losing weight for the second time--add me!

Options
I lost 58 lbs last year and gained back 47 :(
Anyone else screw up their progress and now you're back at it?
Add meeee! :)

Replies

• Neliel88
    Neliel88 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes! I lost about 45 on here 2 years ago and Gained almost all of it back! Need to lose about 50.
  • jay_taaay
    jay_taaay Posts: 20
    Options
    Me too! I've got 49 to go :(
  • Pitmanpaul
    Pitmanpaul Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    join the club ..... hope its easier 2nd time but guess not
  • GFielding_56
    GFielding_56 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that ladies - what went wrong?

Was it a case of stopping logging, an injury?

I think it's the hardest part of losing weight is the keeping it off! I've lost over 2 and half stones but I've managed to sustain it - not by starving or restricting myself but by walking a whole lot more than I ever did before. I take the opportunity to walk and probably even go the slightly longer way to get more steps in.

I also use a Fitbit one which is a fancy little pedometer but it lets you know how many steps you've done, how many flights of stairs, estimates calories burned, distance travelled etc. I think between that and MyFitnessPal that's what keeps me where I am at the moment.

I'm not trying to lose weight I'm maintaining

Good Luck

p.s. Add as a friend if you wish - I'll encourage positively, add comments etc
  • ik70
    ik70 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Has happened with me two times before. 4 years back had lost almost 35 lbs and was at my normal weight, stopped exercising, started binging and gained back all of it. Last year started exercising and dieting again, lost 22 lbs, had a severe knee injury couldn't go to the gym and gained back even more weight. This time I am hoping I finally lose all the excess weight. Almost 45 lbs to go!
  • tinkerbellrocks
    Options
    Yes me! I lost 30lbs last summer and right back where I started now! Joined yesterday, feel free to add me!
  • SianLouise90
    SianLouise90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here, back again the second time round. Joined back today, my lifestyle change last year and I couldn't get back into dieting and now I feel that it is calming down, i think that I can take more control over my lifestyle and get this change I want from my body.

We can do it!