This is my introduction...

Options
Hey guys and gals,

Well as it say on my profile I am a Marine. I just had my first baby boy in December of 2007. Before I got pregnant, I weighed right at 148-151 depending on the time of month and what day it was. When I went into labor with my son, I stepped on the scale and weighed a whopping 198...WOW a few more pounds than I had hoped for, 10 of it was probably water weight from how swollen I was, but from then on I started the weight loss battle of dealing with baby weight. I lost 25 lbs in labor. When I weighed when I got home from the hospital, I weighed 173. From the time I had my baby, according to the Marine Corps, I have 7 1/2 months total to lose my baby weight. Guess what... I DID IT!!!! But, sadly enough...it's not enough. I weigh 150 right now, my time is up, and the maximum amount I can weigh right now is 145 or else I'm dooooomed, unless I make tape. So that's why I am here, MyFitnessPal caught my attention, and I decided it would be a good thing for me to track my progress to see what I am consuming, and what I am putting out. Losing the weight has not been easy, and I've hit this plateau to where I can't get under 148. So now, I've got my game face on, my healty food at hand, my gym bag next to me, and I'm fired up and ready to blast these last 5 pounds off of me, so I can quit the stress of my weight. My long-term goal is to weigh about 125-130 lbs, but getting from 150 to 140-145 is my main focus right now.... HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :tongue:

84855.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• LMKupizza
    Options
    Hey guys and gals,

Well as it say on my profile I am a Marine. I just had my first baby boy in December of 2007. Before I got pregnant, I weighed right at 148-151 depending on the time of month and what day it was. When I went into labor with my son, I stepped on the scale and weighed a whopping 198...WOW a few more pounds than I had hoped for, 10 of it was probably water weight from how swollen I was, but from then on I started the weight loss battle of dealing with baby weight. I lost 25 lbs in labor. When I weighed when I got home from the hospital, I weighed 173. From the time I had my baby, according to the Marine Corps, I have 7 1/2 months total to lose my baby weight. Guess what... I DID IT!!!! But, sadly enough...it's not enough. I weigh 150 right now, my time is up, and the maximum amount I can weigh right now is 145 or else I'm dooooomed, unless I make tape. So that's why I am here, MyFitnessPal caught my attention, and I decided it would be a good thing for me to track my progress to see what I am consuming, and what I am putting out. Losing the weight has not been easy, and I've hit this plateau to where I can't get under 148. So now, I've got my game face on, my healty food at hand, my gym bag next to me, and I'm fired up and ready to blast these last 5 pounds off of me, so I can quit the stress of my weight. My long-term goal is to weigh about 125-130 lbs, but getting from 150 to 140-145 is my main focus right now.... HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :tongue:

84855.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello!

My dad and sister were marines as well.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: Good luck with your goal! When do you have to be 145 or make tape? Is it super soon or do you still have a little time?
  • LMKupizza
    Options
    By September 15th...YIKES!!
  • Starr
    Starr Posts: 45
    Options
    You can do it! Put that baby boy in a stroller and do the fast walk! I've been on a plateau (for what seems) forever, but broke through this morning: what a relief.
    My son was in the Marines for eight years. Semper Fi.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Welcome.. and 1 month to lose 5 lbs, you can doooooooooooooo it! (in my very bad adam sandler voice).

Seriously, you can do it!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I understand completely... you can do this just really focus, pump up your workouts (as you mentioned you were going to) but don't do anything crazy -- my ex was a marine on the big ole boy program and they put him on some really restrictive diets to lose the pounds. Nothing is worth your health!!

With that said.. you have time and you can do this. I would focus on cardio, cardio and more cardio so you can meet the weigh-in. Taping is harder after you have a kiddo.

Good Luck and stay positive!!