Eating so much

Options
This is just more of an expression, not a question. But I'd like to see if anyone else feels this way.

I've always been a relatively healthy eater, with my issues being in over doing it when I went out to dinner, binge drinking on weekends, and binge snacking once or twice a week. I'm not surprised at where I am weight-wise. Hpwever, since doing research and figuring out how many calories I need to net to lose 1.5 lbs a week, I feel like I am eating SO much more than I ever have, less the binging/eating out. I actually am having difficulty hitting my calorie goal every day, although I've done my best to eat protein sense foods, add a protein shake, hit my other macros (if I can) . I know it's mostly mental but...anyone else feel this way? I know I'm doing this for the long haul, in it for life this time but I'm so full every night when I go to bed. It's hard for me to eat a bigger breakfast because of time and I don't like eating a big lunch because it can make me a little sleepy. Just putting it out there.

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I have days when I feel over full but I find if that's the case I'm eating a mass amount if low calorie foods. If you're having issue hitting your goals maybe more calorie dense things are in order. Peanut butter, avacado, nuts, etc. Ice Cream. ..
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    try just logging a normal day and not worrying about calories and see where you end up....

in particular, drinking adds a **** ton of calories....I was pretty surprised when I started out because I thought I was eating around 2500 calories or so per day...I just logged some regular days and I was at around 3500 - 4000 calories per day.
  • amirite333
    Options
    Wow this is me to only a slightly diferring tee!

My calorie goal is 1360 according to MFP but there is no way I can hit that without feeling stuffed and bloated. My weight increase I believed stemmed from boredom drinking and probably not just a little bit of high functioning alcoholism!!!

Working away from home in various boring places I tended to use alcohol as a sleep aid during the week. Okay i have stopped drinking now but am finding the amount of calories I am supposed to eat enormous!

Today for breakfast I had a one egg omelette with 2 slices of gouda. Lunch was 100 gram can of salmon with lettuce cucumber onion and cherry tomato salad. olive oil and balsamic dressing just to up the fat content.

That frankly would have done me and all I really wanted at night was a handful of blueberries in a yoghurt... But I still had over 800 calories to consume! I had three rashers of greasy bacon and just fudged my totals to cover a deficit of 400 calories.

Could I have added a bottle of soju at 350 cals? :laugh: