32lbs lost! From 182lbs to 151lbs!

Options
Krisydee103
Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
I gave birth in April 2013 and had kept the weigh on (plus added a few extra pounds along the way) because I had no idea how EXHAUSTING having a baby would be. No sleep, grab the first and quickest thing you can, and no energy to work out.

So in November 2013 the scale hit 182lbs I was shocked! I cried almost every night because I didn't like what I saw in the mirror. I stopped dressing up, stopped putting make up on half the time, and just hit a big depression. Funny thing is I was on YouTube one day and came upon Elliot's YouTube videos. I would listen to him every night when I would have a sugar craving after supper and he would help me stay motivated, weirdly...

So I started doing this ritual that every night after supper I would run to my room and seek comfort in these Elliot YouTube videos. I would cry, have migraines from the lack of food, and even anxiety. I had quit junk cold turkey! It was hard, painful, but I needed a way to shock my system to get it to shed the pounds, and once that started I began to reincorporate the breads, pastas, fruits, and rice, but slowly. I also began to use MFP which helped tremendously. I set myself another goal aside from just losing the pounds so I enrolled myself in a half marathon. This gave me more than just wanting to see something different when I looked in the mirror everyday. It gave me a day of excitement and accomplishment to look forward to. I also joined Zumba because I LOVE dancing and it doesn't feel like a work out.

I'm not done changing my body but I find this to be a damn good start! My advice to anyone who is looking to lose those last remaining stubborn pounds is that you NEED to like this lifestyle to "look fit" you can't fake it or the pounds will either never come off or never stay off. Find something you LOVE that involves you moving and keeping in shape. Google your favorite foods and get creative with your recipes but in a healthy way.

Anyways that's my two cents. I've worked really hard and am very proud. I can finally say I feel pretty good about myself. :)
ACENovemberandApril_zps518d3205.jpg

Replies

• Patty1015A
    Patty1015A Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! How long did it take?
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Awesome effort and results, thank you for sharing!
  • Krisydee103
    Options
    Started in end November 2013 and still going. 32lbs in 5 months.
  • Kukenan
    Kukenan Posts: 44
    Options
    Congratulations!
    It's funny, I've had the same loss in a bit longer than you! Except I've gone from 156lbs to 124lbs because I'm very short, and I didn't have a baby as an excuse. Now I only need to start excercising again and hopefully I'll get in shape like you. You look awesome!
  • Krisydee103
    Options
    Thank you so much. Its funny How somebody's "fat" can be someone else's' "skinny" and vice versa.
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! Youre doing great.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!

Congratulations on your little one, as well!

You look gorgeous! Hard work pays off! :flowerforyou:
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Very nicely done......congrats!
  • MelonJMusic
    MelonJMusic Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! I had a baby in Sept. of last year and felt the same as you. Only I didn't stop feeling bad for and about myself until the beginning of this month. I made so many excuses for why I will get fit "later." Thanks for the inspiration! I'm on my way down to 125 from 178. CW at 170. It's the little victories! Haha! And btw, I wish I looked as good as you at 151. LOL. I still look like the blob at that weight. :laugh:
  • Krisydee103
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Yea, babies do that to our bodies but it makes us stronger in a way. Good for you for losing those 8lbs! That's exactly how it started for me. Dropped 7lbs after 2 weeks and than I never wanted it to stop. You can do it girl! :)
  • jjanay100
    jjanay100 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! How tall are you? I also started at 183 and am now down to 146 but look no where as good as you!! I have only recently started doing some toning exercises (before that my only exercise was running every other day) so I am still so flabby. I had twins last March so I definitely know that feeling of being exhausted!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look amazing!
  • HappyHope0123
    HappyHope0123 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    AWESOME for you! I have 5 kids, and yes, THOSE BABIES CAN BE EXHAUSTING! Keep going! You look sexy momma!
  • FoodieMotion
    FoodieMotion Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

I'm starting at 182lbs and looking to get down to between 140 and 150lbs depending on how I feel as I've not been that small before.
  • newfie026
    newfie026 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It has been almost a year for me. Last year this time I weighed 186, and now I weigh 143. I'm not finished either, because I want to be fit before I turn fifty next March. You look amazing! Myfitnesspal helped me a lot too.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    You before pic is still beautiful and much nicer than how I look now, but I understand how you feel. I applaud you!
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great work keep it up, thanks for sharing

Change your thoughts change your world
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Watching inspirational youtubes to keep from nibbling at night is a great tactic, which I might use. Curious, do you mean Elliott Hulse? I LOVE him!! But I'm curious, if you mean Elliott Hulse, why haven't you taken up strength training?

You look great! Congrats!
  • wifeymou1112
    wifeymou1112 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well done, you! You look great!! And yay for Elliot Hulse!! :-D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!