Upping my intake to 1800 calories?

Options
Hello ^^
So I've done pretty well in losing about 15 lbs in two months, and have made leaps and bounds in my fitness. I've been doing about 1300 calories a day and then eating back some exercise calories, but my weight loss has stalled. I'm a 17 year old girl, 5'5", and work out 5 times a week. Would upping my caloric intake to 1800 get me out of this rut and be better for my health overall? I weigh about 170 lbs. now and hope to get to 150 lbs.

Replies

• thyme4
    thyme4 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Check out the group Eat More to Weigh Less. It will help you get some great perspective, and as a teenager I think it can help you avoid years of weight frustration. Lots of good informational posts.
  • flauteme
    flauteme Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you! Ill make sure to check it out.
  • 1990sophia1990
    1990sophia1990 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Defiiiintely don't think you are eating enough, you probably lost quickly in the first two months eating that amount because it was a big change for your body. I would increase to around 1800 and then as you lose every couple of weeks lower it a bit more until you are at goal weight and then eat at maintenance. Has worked for me! :)

although I'm doing it as a yoyo so looking at overall weekly calories, eating a lot some days not so much others.
  • flauteme
    flauteme Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm pretty accurate with logging since I don't go out to eat very often, stick strictly to serving sizes and know what it is I'm eating :) but thank you. What kind of changes did you see after you changed calorie intake, Sophia? Just curious.
  • 1990sophia1990
    1990sophia1990 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well I've only just started about a week ago, but I've noticed I'm still losing weight just a bit slower than before but I'm not devastatingly hungry all the time, it doesn't feel like I'm dieting.I couldn't cope with eating too small amount over a long period of time!
    I'm 53kg 5"5, exercise 5 times a week for around 30 minutes each day and my daily goal is 14381 but some days I eat more than that so other days I just eat a bit less so it fits in to the weekly goal.