What to do to lose the flabby skin Hips and under arms?

Options
I have to admit it, with the success that I've had losing all of my weight I'm somewhat dreading the sleeveless shirt season as it so quickly is to arrive. The tops of my arms are muscular, but the underside, lets just say they are looking more like bat wings. I have to be careful with upper body work outs because I have issues with my neck. Hips, well after c-section many years ago I developed what I call a fat ridge. While its getting much much less it seems to be at a point of no change the past couple of months Going to the gym, you can look at all of my info, classes consist of kickboxing, yoga, zumba, strength, and step class. I don't have anymore time to contribute to the gym 5-8 hours a week SHOULD be enough. Suggestions and tips appreciated :)

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    What type of strength exercises are you doing? Maybe it is time to switch one of the cardio classes for some lifting or resistance training, focusing on upper arms?
  • ohiowhthse
    Options
    What type of strength exercises are you doing? Maybe it is time to switch one of the cardio classes for some lifting or resistance training, focusing on upper arms?
    I would be more than willing to do that, but truly the only area I know how to focus on is triceps. What other lifting/ focus should I try?
  • tessmca
    tessmca Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you belong to a gym go and talk to one of the trainers and get them to do you up a lifting program that takes into consideration your neck problems, as my trainer said ' you need to develop muscle to fill the skin" For me this is working after loosing 25kgs
  • ohiowhthse
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I will do!
  • judyamk
    judyamk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    my friend lost so much weight no amount of exercise could tighten the arms she had the excess skin removed . The insurance paid for her stomach ,because of the skin hanging and becoming all red underneath can cause infection, as for her arms she had to save for that at $1,500 an arm. I had a personal trainer at one time and he told me the excess arm skin will never go back to the way it once was. I am talking about a lot of excess skin. My arms are thin always have been when I gained weight ,it is my thunder thighs and my stomach I have to worry about.. I am concerned with my round fat face once I start losing the weight as I hope it does not sink in. take care
    Judy
  • funnybun1
    funnybun1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Haha you and me both sister! I've basically resigned myself to having floppy bat wings. I'll be watching this post to see if anyone has any good suggestions that I too can try.
  • ohiowhthse
    Options
    Thanks for the information! I'll have to discuss that with my Dr further. I do have a big lap of excessive skin around my midsection. Since I've lost I'll admit that I do have more wrinkles than before, but I'll tell you this has been worth it! Exercise has helped tighten, but the neck has a derivative OF SKIN of it's own chemical bond lol. I'll deal with that much better than the bat wings!! lol
  • raevyn70
    raevyn70 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It may not be the popular thing to do, but I took up pole fitness and my "bat wings" are finally disappearing. I am also doing reverse fly's with 15 pound weights.
  • ohiowhthse
    Options
    Thank you!
  • elle_321
    elle_321 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    this is one I heard of for the backs of the arms, not sure if it would do anything for the excess skin but may give more muscle tone. stand with your back to your kitchen bench, Bring your hands back so that your palms of your hands are holding the edge of the bench, then bend your knees, letting your arms take your weight, then straighten knees again.

the other thing you can do is do a search on www.youtube.com for exercises for the backs of your arms. I am sure there will be some there.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I will definitely be having some surgery on my stomach and possibly my thighs. As far as my arms I have seen one of those go bad and I cannot imagine dealing with that so I am just going to enjoy really cute shirts with just a minimal amount of sleeve come summertime. It is a compromise but it is what it is.
  • RebelMiltonMom
    RebelMiltonMom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Uggggh, I've got floppy arms too, no amount of exercise seems to help. I can feel the muscle under there but waaaaay under...LOL! I too am resigned to short sleeves. I'm also in the C-section skin flap/fat club. That has never gone away even when I was dangerously thin (105ish) after a stint on a "program." I really don't think, other than surgery, there's anything to be done about either unfortunately.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    As the OP I have the bat wings and the throat has the chicken skin. Both annoying and I too am trying to get rid of the arm wings. I think on my tummy I have excess skin too and it makes it look like I have a muffin top. Again annoying after all the hard work to lose the 60 pounds. I believe that part of my is the age thing too. Grrr. I am going to continue trying to strengthen and tone. I work with a personal trainer three times a week and he helps by pushing me to do more. One day there will be success and improvement in my muscles...they will be toned.

By the way someone talked about doing an exercise in the kitchen against the counter...those are calls dips...and they do a world of good. You can do them going up and down stairs or against a stable bench.

Good luck and I will be following for more suggestions.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!