need some guidance!

Options
I just joined this site, I was wondering if anyone could help me get an exercise routine going? I need something that will work around my schedule. I just had a baby he turned 2 months old yesterday, I work 5 days a week from noon to 10..... it can be hard for me to wake up before I have to get ready to work, but I know if I pushed myself I could do it. I'm 5'4 and 204lbs my goal weight is 140.

Replies

• Rayedar
    Rayedar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Why don't you start off easy? Strap the baby in a carrier or stroller and head out for a long walk. "Map my run" is a great app that tracks your distance and estimated calories burned then syncs to my fitness pal.
    (Unless you're more hardcore. I just feel like it's more encouraging to start with something you know you can handle for a week or two then throw in something more challenging.) I started 6 weeks ago with walking and have since added jogging, cycling, yoga and Jillian michaels 30 day shred (I pick one to do every day along with walking). 6 weeks in and 13 pounds lost! Good luck!
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to walk when you can. It doesn't have to be a whole lot at a time - even 10-15 minutes. Add movement during your work day. If there are stairs where you work, use them instead of an elevator or go up and down stairs as a break from sitting and working. If you have the option, when you drive to work or the store, park as far away as you can and walk in, instead of finding the closest parking space. All of the little pieces of movement add up. I wear a Fitbit that counts my steps and I generally come home from work (I teach) with at least 6000 steps taken in a day. I aim for 10,000. It reminds me to get up and move.