fruit

Options
Hello,
I just started and was wanting to know about fruit. How much can you eat and do you count calories? Thanks!
Melissa

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    fruit is delicious.
    I fit it into my calories regularly.
    you have to count it, since it has calories.
    you don't HAVE to count calories, but if you don't.. MFP is kinda pointless, as it's an app/site based on counting things.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yes - count the calories. Some fruits have a lot of (good, natural, good-for-you) sugar in them. As for the amount you can eat; as much as you can fit into a balanced, nutritious diet (whilst remaining within your overall calorie goals for the day).
  • TifarahA
    TifarahA Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The basic 'rule' is 2 servings a day. I personally break this and have still lost weight..
  • wimbsie
    wimbsie Posts: 19
    Options
    I actually believe I eat TOO much fruit, but yes I do count it as calories. The sugar in it can be dangerous, especially for diabetics. 2 servings a day.... I have at least 4 everyday but my weight has been stagnant for awhile so I don't know if this is hindering my weightloss.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I actually believe I eat TOO much fruit, but yes I do count it as calories. The sugar in it can be dangerous, especially for diabetics. 2 servings a day.... I have at least 4 everyday but my weight has been stagnant for awhile so I don't know if this is hindering my weightloss.
    fruit isn't hindering your weight loss. if you haven't lost for up to 6 weeks, then you're not at a calorie deficit and could likely be eating more than you think.
  • wimbsie
    wimbsie Posts: 19
    Options
    I have lost weight in the passed 6 weeks, I just gained back 8lbs. My fault.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I enjoy fruit but lately have really just been eating half a serving of frozen berries and/or half a banana. Like everyone says, count them into your calories for the day and enjoy the healthy sugary deliciousness!