What one item do you regret buying? Why?

Options
13»

Replies

• jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    my condo. bought it in 2008 and then everything crashed-- now we rent it out and own a single family- but its a stressor
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    BMW 528i

If you think bikes are an expensive hobby, buy a German car...

gotta say, I've never had a problem with any of the three bmw's I've had, my audi on the other hand... :grumble:
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My Dad once said "A car is the worst investment you'll ever make". In my case, that would be the Ford Mustang I bought new in 1979. Sexy as hell, but turned out to be a deathmobile in the snow (heavy V-8 engine in the front, drive wheels in the back). It was junk after 3 years and less than 100K miles. Then I had a hard time selling it because gas prices had gone up and it had a 5.-liter engine.

Still, I'd say the purchase I most regret was another type of investment. I invested $100K with a group that bought and sold ETFs (exchange-traded funds), changing the mix so frequently I figured they must have ADD. They quickly turned $100K into $50K.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Not so much I bought but something I wanted so much......and got for my birthday one year. A Kitchenaid mixer. The big one..

I barely use it and pull out my little Sunbeam hand mixer for everything! :drinker:
  • I gotta go with wedding ring. Still not sure how we both survived the 12 years.
  • Bennett056
    Bennett056 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Green coffee extract and Raspberry keytones.

Oh, not really. I am not THAT gullible.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    wedding ring -

:laugh: You didn't say why Mike......

Hmmm.......Nerf Rebelle...why? Because it's a piece of junk. I'll stick with nerf guns.

was a mistake

Oh Mike. Inquiring minds want to know more.

For me... I'm thinking a huge lot of Barbies for $450. I'll find out tonight. Or in the next few months. Yes, I am an avid Barbie lover. There is one I know I want and 3 I know others will want. The rest I am hoping to sell for profit. Will see.

I should not have bought one. Should have stayed single
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Single, but inherited a beautiful wedding ring passed don through the centuries. I'm the eldest daughter so I get the diamonds and pearls. :)
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    Shamwow. Definitely overrated. But that guy sells the hell out of a towel.
  • aaroneous89
    Options
    acai berry 5 day flush. no explanation needed..