Overnight oats

Options
runway12
runway12 Posts: 63 Member
Chocolate peanut butter overnight oats are the best thing to ever happen. What are some of your favorite oat flavors and recipes? :)

Replies

• RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I like style cut oats with apple chunks, cinnamon and sugar. I only cook them four four hours on high though, I find that with over night on low the apples don't have the crispy tops:)
  • Jyster
    Jyster Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I"m boring.

Oats
    sprinkle of sweetened cranberries
    unsweetened almond milk
    tablespoon (or whatever actually comes off) of raw honey.
  • iifym_girl
    iifym_girl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i dish out a serving of steel cut oats and sprinkle it on top of my plain yogurt (which is layered on top of bananas) i then top this concocoction with blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries...... put in fridge overnight....'

the swiss call it "cold cereal"....absolutely delicous! You can also use granola in place of oats :)

I thought i would hate the "mushy" texture from the oats/granola soaking overnight....but not so....... pure heaven!

I eat it every morning and it is by far the most FAV meal of my day, everyday!

This sounds amazing.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    In the fall, I like to add dried cranberries, 100% pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spices. :)
  • storyborey
    storyborey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i dish out a serving of steel cut oats and sprinkle it on top of my plain yogurt (which is layered on top of bananas) i then top this concocoction with blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries...... put in fridge overnight....'

the swiss call it "cold cereal"....absolutely delicous! You can also use granola in place of oats :)

I thought i would hate the "mushy" texture from the oats/granola soaking overnight....but not so....... pure heaven!

I eat it every morning and it is by far the most FAV meal of my day, everyday!

Do you cook the oats before, or leave them raw?
  • jitsuda
    jitsuda Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It's my new favourite thing in life too!

Mine is (for 2 servings)
    1 cup oats
    1 cup vanilla almond milk
    1 container greek yogurt ( We have tried vanilla, blueberry and strawberry so far.. all good)

I think adding yogurt gives that gooey consistency and makes it so good.
    We eat ours cold :)
  • Richterchuk
    Richterchuk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Chocolate peanut butter overnight oats are the best thing to ever happen. What are some of your favorite oat flavors and recipes? :)

Would you mind sharing your recipe? I've seen these types of recipes all over Pinterest but am afraid of trying "cold" oatmeal, seems kinda gross to me. I cook my own from scratch every morning and I do like oatmeal, just a little hesitant to try it cold.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I still can't get over the texture of overnight oats :(
  • OneSweetShannon
    OneSweetShannon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've made several combinations but this is my favorite:

Oats
    light vanilla almond milk (usually 3/4 cup when mixing it up, add more in the morning to thin it a little)
    1 tbsp cacao (or cocoa) powder
    1 tbsp organic unsweetened flaked coconut
    splash coconut extract
    2 tbsp chia seed or this flax meal/chia seed blend I sometimes use
    1 or 2 tbsp sliced almonds
    sometimes I add dried cherries or cranberries

I don't use yogurt in this one because it tastes better and the texture is better with just almond milk. But with other combinations I usually use equal parts (1/2 cup each) of whatever-type milk and plain or vanilla yogurt. Or sometimes pumpkin or plain unsweetened applesauce in place of the yogurt.
  • runway12
    Options

My recipe isn't really a recipe... it's beyond simple : ) but SO SO good : ) I just do 1/2 cup of quacker oats, uncooked (Don't worry about not cooking them, when you eat it, they will be very soft :) 2 tbsp of chocolate PB2, a dash of truvia, and almond milk... I don't have a measurement for the milk because it depends on if you like your oats more dry or creamy, so add more depending on taste, also I like to warm them up a bit before eating : )

Would you mind sharing your recipe? I've seen these types of recipes all over Pinterest but am afraid of trying "cold" oatmeal, seems kinda gross to me. I cook my own from scratch every morning and I do like oatmeal, just a little hesitant to try it cold.
  • runway12
    Options
    Thank you for the recipe! And I recommend trying it :) I'm obsessed with peanut butter, so I love this. Also, it's a great energy booster before a workout :)

Not heard of this but it sounds gorgeous ! :love:

Just googled it and got a healthy recipe http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-recipes/10-healthy-peanut-butter-recipes/slide/8