Replies

• AtlantaWriter
    AtlantaWriter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    good advice!
  • 24lol25
    24lol25 Posts: 49
    Options
    Figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose _ lbs per week. (The number will depend on how much, but you probably shouldn't go over 2lbs for a ling period of time.) Count calories very carefully, even the smallest things can add up. And try and exercise everyday. In order for it to have the best effect, try changing your exercise routine everyday. You can't let your body get too used to one type of exercise. And take some days to give your body a rest. One last thing, make sure to stretch a lot! It will be very important to keep doing so to maintain good health. I think stretching is easily overlooked by many, but I know there's people who do it regularly too. I hope this helped some.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Tried every diet and guess what? They all work!!

But do they? I guess so if your goal is only temporary...

It wasn't until I stopped thinking in terms of purely weight loss and began thinking in terms of health. Weight loss was just a much appreciated side effect. ;)

Anyway, welcome to the site! It sounds like you're already in a positive mindset and understand that whatever you do to lose the weight, must be sustainable.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    You need to get to a point where you make the right choices because you want to and not because someone says you should.

For instance, today is my eat-what-you-want day. I came back from tennis really hungry so decided to eat vegetable and couscous broth. So yummy. Had some chicken afterwards (I shoulda sliced it up and thrown it in but didn't think of it). In the past I would have eaten a couple of bags of crisps and a chocolate bar but am conscious that my protein levels would be too low today. I'll probably enjoy a single malt later. And I did just have half an Easter Egg.

Also I make sports and training part of my lifestyle. I brush teeth. I wash myself. I change my clothes. I sleep. I exercise (today it's tennis and strength training). To not do any of those things is weird and wrong to me. It's taken about two years to get to this mentality, though, but it's the long term projects that matter. If I had kids, they'd play tennis, too, and they'd enjoy it as all the kids at the tennis club enjoy it immensely. Lifting would be optional if they're young.