Beginner in need of advice.

Options
I'm going to be 20 in a week. Just had twins Feb. 26. I was overweight pre-pregnancy (189lbs) I shot all of the way up to 234lbs during my pregnancy and I'm currently at 207.4lbs. I just joined planet fitness 3 days ago and I surprisingly enjoy working out. I'm having issues not knowing were to begin. I'm pear shaped. I have HUGE hips, thighs, and a wide back side that needs some lifting. My arms are huge and I'm just over feeling like I don't own this body. I'm so depressed and have a lot going on in my personal life- I NEED this change. I'd like to lose as much weight as possible, in a safe way. I started cellulor D4 thermal shock. I like the energy it gives me, but haven't really noticed anything more than that. Has anybody had any luck on here with fat burners? I've been overweight my entire life and I struggle getting the number on the scale to budge. As for my workout regimen, I'm starting out on the treadmill doing 20 minute increments at 2.5-3.0mph then take a break and repeat till I get to 45-50 minutes on the treadmill. My heart rate is usually around 180-192bpm. What workouts would you suggest for someone that is out of shape and for the areas that I need work on. Oh and not to mention I have a pouch after having kids I'm trying to get rid of. I'd really appreciate hearing all of your suggestions and stories!

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend getting into the mindset of quick weight loss. I can, however, sympathize with the thoughts of not knowing whose body is this after kids. I gained 50 lbs with both my kids. It made me sad to know I couldn't control myself with my eating but that was a long standing problem even prior, kids made it worse. I think you should ditch whatever it is your taking and look into making this sustainable long term. Quick weight loss often leads to skinny fat. Love yourself as who you are now. Do this for the right reasons. For better health, for your kids, to better yourself as a person. Don't focus on the negatives and take a deep breath. Your a mommy to beautiful babies who love you. :) Oh, and read this! :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

^This information helped me tremendously.

As far as exercises. I literally started just randomly dancing in my living room, doing wall push ups ( I couldn't do real ones), and started heavy lifting. Small changes make the world of a difference
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Watch your calories and ditch the pills
  • lreynolds2019
    lreynolds2019 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great advise
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Don't take those things. Eat sensibly, log your food and exercise, keep being healthy a priority, but don't drive yourself crazy with it...and be patient!