C25K

Options
Started C25K today. Was only able to do 15 min of 30 mins. That's better than sitting on the couch.

Replies

• bobkat80
    bobkat80 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start it on Monday...we'll see how far I get! I'm sure it will take me more than a week for each step too. You are right though, it is still better than sitting on the couch (or in my recliner - I don't have a couch. LOL)

Just keep going, we'll both get there eventually!
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i did W1D1 yesterday! i've asked from tips from people and the top three things i've heard are: 1. get a good pair of running shoes. 2. slow down! it's not about the distance you can run, but the time. you should be able to hold a short conversation while running. 3. if you're feeling overwhelmed or not ready for the next week, repeat a week. ohh, and i know i said top three, but people also really suggested taking rest days.

good luck to everyone doing c25k! :)
  • aliharper
    aliharper Posts: 3
    Options
    Started C25K last week. Completed week 1 yesterday. I am admittedly not in good shape and probably 10-15 pounds overweight. I am concerned that each time I did the jogging part of the program, my heart rate would get to 182 which seems a little high for my age (and the fact that I'm on a beta blocker for high blood pressure & mild tachycardia). Do you think this is just indicative of my being out of shape and will get better with training or is it a problem? I am going to repeat Week 1 starting tomorrow to see if that helps. Congrats to all of you who have started the program!