Running Shoes for BIG feet?

Options
Alright, so I'm a lady that has a size 12W foot anyone in a similar situation? What shoes do you have that you love? what ones did you hate?

Replies

• gonesewing
    gonesewing Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am a 10.5 regular (bordering on narrow) and I have had a lot of luck with New Balance. I have tried a bunch of the other names, Nike, Reebok, Adidas etc and did not like any of them. I don't run but I do BodyStep with a lot of high impact and my NB are working out great. Good luck.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Dedicated running stores will help you with this. They will make sure to fit you in shoes that are proper for your terrain, gait, mileage, etc... And if they don't have the size there, they will order them for you. There are a lot of runner's in my running club who have to special order their shoes because of sizes.
  • coffeebean248
    Options
    I'm a size 11, I used to use nike, but recently changed to adidas and really like them.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I wear a 10-1/2W and have tried many different shoes over the years, but Brooks was the ones I settled on. They are usually sold in running stores and most places will work with you to get the best fit.
  • mbitely2004
    mbitely2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Dedicated running stores will help you with this. They will make sure to fit you in shoes that are proper for your terrain, gait, mileage, etc... And if they don't have the size there, they will order them for you. There are a lot of runner's in my running club who have to special order their shoes because of sizes.

We dont have one of those local to me. Ill have to research and find one a few hours away. Thanks!
  • manhn1
    manhn1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Go to your local running store and get fitted.
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am size 11 and love my Mizunos. Brooks are a bit of a wider fit so those would probably be your best option. Or check out Saucony I know they have wide sizes. Best to get fitted at a proper running store though.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I wear size 11 or so in women but have given up trying to find shoes that fit me. The looks of the male shoes is better suited for my style anyway and they're way comfier. I recently bought a pair of Saucony Ride and they're some of the comfiest shoes I ever worn. Most other types I tried either fit way too tight or had a weird feel under the toes although I did try some adidas gt2000 I think? that were quite nice, too. I typically would be a size 8.5 but most shoes I buy are size 9 because, while they,re not quite as snug, I have more toe space and my arch doesn't feel all confined. My feet aren't fat, flat or anything, either. They're just wide and kinda high.