Rest day advice

Options
So I am on the end of week 3 of T25. I have double up work outs 3 times this week today is supposed to be my rest day and measurements. However I am hosting a Mn Wild hockey game viewing party tonight and I know I will be having a few drinks and some not so choice food.

My question is do I forgo the rest day and bust out some cardio to prep for the calorie intake? Or is the rest more important for my body?

New to all this but I am making great gain and losing weight and inches.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I would personally have a rest day still. 1day/night of fun is not going to undo the 23lb lost, it probably won't have an impact at all.
    Enjoy yourself, let your body rest.
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks that reminded me I had to update my ticker with the correct settings.

I think I am scared to take a break like I am slacking and don't want to kill my momentum or something like that

I am pretty sore so maybe a day off would be best
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    My DH and I take a long walk on our rest day. We don't go fast-we just enjoy ourselves spending time together. It's a restful break from our daily workouts at the gym. At the same time, we are burning calories for our Saturday night out-to-dinner date.
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My DH and I take a long walk on our rest day. We don't go fast-we just enjoy ourselves spending time together. It's a restful break from our daily workouts at the gym. At the same time, we are burning calories for our Saturday night out-to-dinner date.

I like this idea
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I second the walk or a bike ride. Easy on the joints but will burn some calories and loosen up your muscles to ease the soreness. Have fun!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I agree, taking a walk or going for a bike ride can be a great rest day substitute! Your muscles to need time to rest and repair. Enjoy your rest day, and come back and hit it hard tomorrow!
  • NicholasTan93
    Options
    i suggest taking the rest day and eat whatever u want to eat but be ready to go hard the next day :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    One day isn't really going to make or break anything...I'd personally take the rest day and not worry about it an enjoy myself...it's not going to set you back in the least, that's not how it works.