Hydroxycut

Options
13»

Replies

• Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I used Hydroxycut when I was younger - it made me feel jittery and I had no appetite. I thought it was awesome because I thought food was the enemy and I mistakenly assumed I could eat less calories and use the Hydroxycut to "rev up my metabolism."

I was totally ignorant about my health and I wasted time and money.

Healthy eating plan and lots of exercise! You don't need that Hydroxycut crap. Glad to hear you are planning to do it the healthy way, OP. You will be so much more proud of your results when they come 100% from you :)
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    Hydroxycut is for noobs. Do you're search, there's better, cheaper alternatives out there if you want to go this route.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    There's nothing technically "wrong" with it, but it's a waste of money, and when I tried it when I was young and dumb, the caffiene made me crazy. My heart was always pounding, and I was completely restless. I guess that's the point of taking it (more energy), but it wasn't worth it to me.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I took it back in the day, before I started using MFP. It didn't do anything except that it made me nauseous.

ETA: DAMMIT ZOMBIE THREAD :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • MissMonicaC
    MissMonicaC Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Gosh those are dreadful. I took them at 17, they were my dads and I used them.. And gosh no good. I remember going to bed at night with a racing heart beat.. I loss a ton of weight but wasn't eating too well
  • mushu0517
    mushu0517 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i'm using it. it's working for me. i have lost 7 lbs in a week along with my diet and walking for about miles 2x a day. i'll let you know the full results in a month. i don't have any crazy side effects then again my system is shot after all i have done to it. it's not crap. if you take it 3x daily like it says and do your diet and excise it works.
  • ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I haven't personally used it, but my best friend did and ended up going to the ER with... kidney stones I think? I only use supplements if all the ingredients are 100% natural and whole foods/not made in a lab (I'm not an expert on Hydroxycut so I don't know) and I won't use something that I think could be a "gimmick." There's no magic pill. If there is a supplement that is simply high in vitamins/minerals/nutrients, that's great! Kind of like cleaning up your diet to lose weight, if the supplement is simply part of a healthy diet then go for it. If not, I'd steer clear.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    It was a good idea to get the facts and make and informed decision! Forward with your calorie tracking and exercise! :flowerforyou:
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I took Hydroxycut about 6 years ago... I took half of the recommended daily and it still made my heart race. I did lose some weight (abt 15 lbs) but that was bc I was running all over like a crazy person high on caffeine. One night at work I was by myself handling some food orders and my arms went numb and I dropped everything I was carrying. I know for a fact it was bc of those pills and I will NEVER do them again. They are dangerous and will never get you where you want to be long term. count cals an exercise best of luck!!
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    No... just no. If it sounds to good to be true - it is.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Let's suppose it works. What happens when you stop taking it?
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut used to work until they changed formula. I'm not anti stimulant like some people are here. If your aren't stimulant resistant you should try C4 pre-workout, whey protein (I use the cheap body fortress), Nature Made multivitamin, and an ocassional metamucil. Most of this stuff you can ditch once your diet is on track, and your energy level is higher naturally.
  • havenoenvyonlylove
    havenoenvyonlylove Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I will say the max hydroxycut did help me lose 10 lbs quickly by suppressing my appetite. However as soon as I stopped, the appetite came right back as did the quick fat burning properties. I eventually gained it back, and now thanks to MFP , in a little less than 3 months I can proudly say I worked my way back down to that goal and don't have to worry about that happening since I've done it on my own!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I was considering buying it but I really like the idea of buying myself a treat after I lose the weight on my own instead of buying these pills.
    Since you decided not to take it, set the money aside that you would have used for the pills each month. You can either have a treat after reaching several mini goals, or really save it up for something big when you reach your main goal!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work. If it did no one would need to be here.

I haven't tried it because I have seen what it does to people. It can land you in the hospital... it can mess with your heart.

It's not a safe thing to take and won't actually give you results regardless what the bottle says.

Could you identify which compounds don't do anything beneficial for weight loss, the actual profile isn't terrible

hydroxycut-hardcore-elite-facts.png

So it is caffeine then basically. Yeah OP, save yourself some money and just drink more coffee if you want that effect.
  • nikkibee2100
    Options
    Ive used hydroxycut many times I usually just order it from walmart.com
    http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_query=hydroxycut&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Its a lot more affordable then in the stores or a lot of other products I have tried in the past, Obviously you have to change your diet and put in time at the gym but I loved the added energy it gave me during my workouts and It actually helped me loose 12-15 pounds in just a couple weeks. I would highly recommend