Need fitness advice for weight loss!

Options
I'm a beginner when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. I've battled with unhealthy weight loss, most recently anorexia because it seems to be the only method that has effectively works for me. I want to be healthy and fit more than anything but I also want to loose weight. I'm going into week four of working out and eating better. I eat 1000 calories a day and workout 4 to 5 times a week for 30 to 45 minutes, treadmill, elliptical, anything that will burn calories. The first week I lost 3 pounds and the past two weeks I have only lost 1 pound a week and I'm freaking out that maybe I'm doing something wrong and I just don't know what it is but I'm feeling like I'm just eating too much. If anyone has any advice or tips for me to use I would really appreciate it. I want to be healthy but I need to see results, as I am struggling not to fall back into my obsession with weight and my need to eat much less than what I am currently eating to loose weight.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    The scale isn't an accurate tool for measuring fat loss, since it also measures water and other non-fat weight. Also, fat loss happens slowly and requires patience. Also, diets under 1200 calories should only be done under a doctor's supervision. If you haven't talked to a doctor or therapist yet, do it.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I really applaud and support your attempts to get yourself healthy and well. But I agree with the first poster. At 1000 cals, working out that much.... that's not going to help you build a healthy body. It might be sensible, given your history, to seek some proper professional support in your attempts to build a healthier you. If that's not possible for you, maybe think about using a TDEE based approach. If you're going to use MFP, use it properly - eat to a healthy deficit, and make sure that you're eating back a good proportion of your exercise cals.

Best of luck. x
  • NicholasTan93
    Options
    first off RELAX, 1 pound a week is healthy take it slow. i lost 23kg with crash dieting and insane training but it was a mistake to lose it so quickly, now i have loose skin that has been with me for over 2 years. if u lose a pound a week u wont have to deal with this issue. dont freak out about eating too much, stress will contribute to fat building up around ur waist, weight loss wont happen overnight take it slow, you have to believe that you ARE losing weight and just stick to your program and dont lose hope or you will rebound
  • tstone709
    Options
    Thank you. I never even heard of TDEE and BMF before but I have read up on it and I will try to adjust my diet accordingly, I don't want my body to think I'm trying to starve it because that's not the case. Thanks so much for the advice!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    You are still adhering to methods of eating to little. A common trait of ana is to eat as little as possible and workout as much as you can.
    Get with a dietician or counselor. They will encourage and help you with how to work on a sensible eating plan.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition