newby need help pls

Options
hi everyone , so I just came back , i had signed up before but never used it. So i set my goal weight loss to 2 pounds a week , but then it tells me that I'd be losing 1 pound a week if following the mfp guide. but i want to lose more( even more than 2 pounds a week if possible) how do I set it up? thanks you guys ,I really am lost here and i NEED HELP! im totally unmotivated because i have been dieting for a week already eating around 800 calories and working out a litlle but habve not lost a pound!!! i am sooooooo sad, i habve no idea what to do! bytheway , a little about me ,I am 28 , weigh 142.5 and am 5.25 feet.

Replies

• dontdreamit_beit
    Options
    At the top of the page, select "MY HOME" and from that, select underneath it "GOALS." Then choose the green button that says "Change Goals." Choose Guided and the next page will have a drop down menu that you can choose to lose 2 lbs per week. There is nothing higher than this because it isn't as safe and long lasting to lose more than 2lbs per week.

If you want to lose more than 2 lbs/wk, follow the nutrition recommendations (daily calorie intake), but double up your workout time.

However since you said you aren't motivated, aiming for more than 2lbs is not likely to happen, so I would do what you can to start, eat better until you feel better and the motivation should find you. Leave the scale out of it for a few weeks and see if you can surprise yourself at your next weigh in!

Oh, and good luck! I believe in you :D
  • kamikam747
    Options
    hi, thank you for replying. i did go to 'home " then goals and then chose 2 pounds but when i ser change / update , it again tells me that if i follow the plan i will lose 1 pound.
    :) i really appreciate your kind words :)