Eating to reach calories.. sucks.

Options
I eat what I want. The problem is, what I want is low calorie wraps with turkey and veggies. ALL the time. This is my favorite food. I also do a very high protein diet. I went from eating below 1000 calories a day to strictly counting to 1500. At both points I was obsessive and unhealthy. i lost the weight and met my goal. The last 1.5 i quit counting and just ate the foods I have grown accustomed to. I don't measure either. I love this and will continue to do this.. but the problem is I am having trouble going poop. I don't count, so I am not trying to reach 1500 each day anymore. I don't go over because the foods I enjoy are high protein and leave me full. My question is, should i eat when i'm not full to reach my calories?

Replies

• kellyj0729
    kellyj0729 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Maybe add a stool softener daily or add more fiber? I do have the problem of not eating enough- I am at 1200 calories a day and sometimes have 300+ calories from exercise and do not eat all of it back. I am just not hungry! I am at a loss on that too. I eat extra if I want to, most of the time I am full at 1200-1300 cal a day.
  • ovi212
    ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be too stirct with your diet, you need variety. It woul dbe easier to reach the calorie goals if you weren't so rigid about eating 'healthy', induldge a little or choose some more calorie dense foods (nuts, sauce, spreads etc)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You need variety, and a lack of that is most likely why you are not pooping. Also, a high protein diet, without enough fruits, veggies and healthy fats, not to mention fluids, can cause constipation. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Not eating enough can also cause you to not poop as often. All things to consider. Try some oatmeal with a hot drink. Usually gets me moving. Find some balance.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Kind of O/T but what tortillas (wraps) do you use for the low calorie wraps please.
  • Brooke4206
    Brooke4206 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You need variety, and a lack of that is most likely why you are not pooping. Also, a high protein diet, without enough fruits, veggies and healthy fats, not to mention fluids, can cause constipation. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Not eating enough can also cause you to not poop as often. All things to consider. Try some oatmeal with a hot drink. Usually gets me moving. Find some balance.

I mix fruit and oats for breakfast each morning with a big thermis of coffee. :/ And eggs and peanut butter everyday for healthy fats and mixed fresh veggies for each wrap. I also drink about 100 oz of water each day. I'm going to try to eat more and see what happens. Thank you!
  • Brooke4206
    Brooke4206 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Kind of O/T but what tortillas (wraps) do you use for the low calorie wraps please.

I switch between two kinds! 1. Josephs Flax Oat Bran & whole wheat wraps 2. Lawash Wheat Flatbread Low Carb.

The first kind mentioned is a bigger wrap for less calories (50). The 2nd is a smaller wrap and is 60 calories.