Turned 40 and had to change

Options
cmbauer99
cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
New member from Inver Grove Minnesota. Been struggling with a negative self image for years. Stepped on the scale last June and ballooned to 247

Finally started to get serious about cleaning my diet for health reason, quit smoking and counted all calories. Weight has been going down and I am quite pleased

Just started t25 ending week 3 and I must say I have never felt so good in my life.

Just wanted to post and say hello and look forward to meeting some new people and contributing to the forums.

Add me if you would like

Replies

• 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Congrats on seeing the light and feeling better about yourself.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Seems like we have a few things in common.
    I have two young sons who I want to see into adulthood. Being diagnosed as being prediabetic on 22 February this year finally gave me the wake up I needed. At 127kgs (280lbs) it was nearly the heaviest I have ever been, but the threat of needing to be medicated for the rest of my life caused the fight response I needed. I was bumbling along on my own but found Beachbody and MFP, and it provided the tools I needed to make a difference. I have just finished week 3 of T25 Alpha and have already felt the improvements. Wish you all the best on your journey and changes. Have added you.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Welcome. =)
  • bltpup
    bltpup Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job, I have lost 13 pounds and feel the same way . I have my intake at 1200 but still want to lose 2 pound a week. I am a female and my weight is 163.
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Even though I have been a member here for quite awhile it's only now when I am getting serious about it all
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    At 53 most of my weight was the most in healthy kind, gut. Even though I had already started on my journey to lose weight and become fit, this site kicked it into high gear. I am for the most part at my goal of losing 50 pounds and to celebrate I ran a half marathon this morning (1:54:30). This site works for me, stick with it! Good luck!
  • Farawyn
    Farawyn Posts: 4
    Options
    I have always been overweight too, but as a nurse I was like, if my lab/blood levels are good, I'm fine. I excercise, I eat a lot, but basically healthy, bla bla bla. Probably drink too much wine.
    Last week my A1c (diabetic screener) came back at 5.9, which is borderline diabetic. All else was fine, but it scared the carp outta me.
    Sooo...
    Hi.