Day 1

Options
...again.

I've never been on myfitnesspal.com before but when it comes to weight loss/gain/loss/regain, I've been through this 1000 times before.

What's different this time is that I am setting smaller goals in more attainable time frames. Yeah, I've given up on wearing a bikini this summer, but I'd like to wear a bathing suit from the "regular" section of the store instead of the "plus size" end :)

First goal -- getting through today (New Year's Eve) at under 1500 calories. 1200 would be ideal but I thought I'd try being realistic, just for fun.

Replies

• CarolHudson11
    Options
    You can do it! Happy New Year and don't worry - there are so many people here to help support you. I've been here for 5 days and the people are AMAZING!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. That is the right attitude to set smaller more easily attainable goals. Easier to stick with in the long run and that is the key to success!
  • Godsflower1789
    Options
    try setting your goals for things other than bathing suits. we all do it to look good, but if you hold yourself accountable for other goals (to be healthy for my family, health in general, God, so i can be the best and can persue my passions, for my husband, my children, etc) then it is much aesier to stay at a weight and keep working for it because it's for someone other than you.
    Good luck and Happy new year!
  • mae53
    mae53 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been on and off this roller coaster of weight loss for years. It just gets harder the older I get. I wanted to start today so it sinks in that it's not just a new years resolution, weight loss needs to be a way of life going forward.
  • JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    Options

I've never been on myfitnesspal.com before but when it comes to weight loss/gain/loss/regain, I've been through this 1000 times before.

What's different this time is that I am setting smaller goals in more attainable time frames.
    I know exactly what you mean about setting smaller goals. When I started all this, I wanted to do so much so fast and had very high expectations for myself. I got very discouraged very fast b/c those goals/expectations I set for myself were not attainable that quick. I was talking to a friend about it one day and she said something about "baby steps" and that really hit home with me. Even if I set a small goal and reach it, I've done more than when I hadn't done anything at all. I had to take a step back and realize I will never do this perfect but as long as I am learning and achieving something along the way, big or small, thats all that matters. Good luck to you.
  • FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Every day is day 1. Don't sweat it.

I like how you set two goals for youself today, a realistic one 1500 and a crazy one 1200. I've read somewhere that this is a good goal setting technique. Set a goal that you can realistically achieve and then set a crazy (but still healthy) goal.

Good luck and welcome to MFP.
  • SunniGirl143
    Options
    I'm with ya sister! First day on here and stoked for what's to come. Temptation is evil! Best of luck and keep positive, even if you slip know that we are all rooting for you! I'm also worried about my failures. But I am learning to believe that I am stronger than my temptations, and I just need to show them who's boss! Good luck!:wink:
  • pjscheider
    Options
    Next goal -- getting better at posting my food, exercise, etc. I really should have waited until this crazy busy holiday weekend was over to start here -- but on the upside, I did drop the first 2# which is better than gaining 2 more! :)