About to give up.

Options
I have been doing really well and had lost 33 lbs but for some reason I put 3 back on with in the last few weeks and for a month or more now I haven't lost any inches.. I have done well with my calories, and am usually under my limit.

Replies

• dooniez
    dooniez Posts: 48
    Options
    giving up is the LAST thing you want to do. Track your meals, every thing. There is something there that is making you plateau. Shake it up if you have to. Look back and see whats different. We all hit that wall eventually. Get out of your comfort zone of you have to. But don't give up.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I have been doing really well and had lost 33 lbs but for some reason I put 3 back on with in the last few weeks and for a month or more now I haven't lost any inches.. I have done well with my calories, and am usually under my limit.

That is normal. Weight loss is far from a consistent and predictable journey. As long as you stick to a sustainable plan of action and continue to do the best you can do, you'll reach your goal.

QJ1SQ1B.jpg
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You just need to shock your system. Change your exercise routine drastically, and you should see some weight change :)

Don't give up though. You got this! It happens to basically everyone. I'm gonna shoot you a friend request.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Don't give up over just a few pounds! It's a tough journey, but it's so worth it! When you have a setback such as gaining a few pounds, just leave it all behind you and look forward! You can do this!!
  • Amazonika
    Amazonika Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing! I have just started my journey and am inspired by what you have accomplished.

You haven't mentioned exercise. Have you increased that since starting our diet?
    Maybe you just need to burn off a few more calories.

As far as inches are concerned, in the past I've found pilates really effective in tightening things up. If you haven't tried pilates, I recommend trying a beginner's DVD with mat exercises and/or exercise ball. "Pilates for Dummies" is my favourite beginner's DVD.
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    No reason to give up now, your doing fantastic!! I would reevaluate your calorie needs and just keep hitting your goals... it will change and you will continue to lose... Just dont quit with such great progress accomplished already!! :)
  • 1991court
    1991court Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My weigh loss has been without work outs because I have a herniated disc.. So I don't know how to shake it when I am strictly watching calories
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Don't, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't give up!!!!

mix up your workouts, try eating a little differently like breaking your meals up into smaller meals and eat more frequently. Change the location of where you workout or something to get your interest going again!

You can do this and be successful! It takes a lot of will power and creating habitual behavior but you can do it you just have to really want it enough to go and get it!

Good luck!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your weight loss so far! Just don't give up, because if you do, you'll wind up gaining back what you lost. Just keep at it and it will start rolling off again.
  • JoshD8705
    Options
    My weigh loss has been without work outs because I have a herniated disc.. So I don't know how to shake it when I am strictly watching calories

Can you do light walks, or gently tread water at a pool? Just 15 or 30 mins a day can make a difference. If not maybe add some 0 calorie foods to your diet like celery, or a pickle.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them personally, but a lot of people have written about the Leslie Sansone walking videos. apparently you can walk in place in your living room if need be. Maybe its the kind of light exercise that will shake things up without hurting your back
  • 1991court
    Options
    I walk at campus during the week which gives me anywhere form 45 to 60 mins of walking on days of Physical Therapy or up to 100 on days with out Physical Therapy. The only work out I get is from PT and walking on campus. I can't really do any other kinds of work out at least until I meet with the Neuro Surgeon in May.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    One of the things about weight loss that no one tells you is that the scale will break your heart 354634343434396 times along the way.
  • JoshD8705
    Options
    I walk at campus during the week which gives me anywhere form 45 to 60 mins of walking on days of Physical Therapy or up to 100 on days with out Physical Therapy. The only work out I get is from PT and walking on campus. I can't really do any other kinds of work out at least until I meet with the Neuro Surgeon in May.

How are you doing hydration wise? Are you getting between 8 to 12 cups a day in? Proper hydration can help get things moving.
  • 1991court
    Options
    I know this is silly but I have been slacking on the water front, I can't carry a case of water from my car to my dorm room. Which I feel pathetic I use to workout could lift my weight and now I can't carry a case of water.
  • Minouche1922
    Minouche1922 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No no , do not give up - you are achieving so much already. I used to have some calories left in the evening and would have the things I love like chocolate, ice cream, cakes and still be on target calorie wise. When jumping on the scales the next day, I would notice that the scales would not budge. Now last thing at night I have some protein, usually chicken or hard boiled egg and the weight is shifting again. Good luck and remember "Perfection is an unattainable illusion".
  • LoriLee133
    LoriLee133 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know this is silly but I have been slacking on the water front, I can't carry a case of water from my car to my dorm room. Which I feel pathetic I use to workout could lift my weight and now I can't carry a case of water.

I totally get this! This is the second time I've had disc problems and the pain is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Even normal jobs that you could easily get done become a major challenge. I was supposed to be training for a 10k and was told by the doc NO! No hard exercise till they have this sorted or I could do permanent damage. Just keep up with your walking and be patient. Keep up with your healthy eating cause once your sorted, your good diet will be a habit and one less thing to worry about!
  • doubleohstatus
    Options

I love going by the phrase "tale of the tape". When it seems you put on weight or your weight fluctuates but you've been eating right and tracking your food, just measure yourself. You can be adding muscle in some areas while losing inches off of other areas. For me personally most of my inches come off of my thighs even though I do a lot of core work haha go figure. As some of the other users stated, the scale by itself will break your heart many times, don't let it hinder you and keep moving foward :)

VEzCh2v.gif[
  • JoshD8705
    Options

Get yourself a refillable water bottle, and fill it at water fountains while you're out, and keep that case of water in the car. You can fill your carry around one in the car and put ice in it when you get into your house. It's safe to keep bottle water in your car unless you open it and get saliva in it. Never drink from a half bottle you left in the car all day the bacteria is crazy.
  • Catfriend25
    Options
    Weight loss is a complex thing and there are many, many factors.
    I wish You the best of luck <3