Documenting Your Journey

Options
Well, I have a sizeable amount of weight to lose and hopefully i'll be going through a pretty dramatic transformation in the coming year.
My sister gave me a scrapbook and all the acoutrements to document my journey month by month, and even made the first page for me. Cutout letters spelling "January 2011" and a rather shocking photo of me from our family Christmas visit.

There are exactly 12 pages in that book. One for every month of the year. As I sit here and stare at the first picture, i wonder and am excited at what that 12th page will look like. I'm determined that it won't look anything like the first.

Is anyone else doing anything similar?
Are you documenting your weight loss journey?

Replies

• Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I used to take pictures, not every month, but at significant amounts of weight loss or when I was feeling the need for motivation :-) A picture is worth a thousand words and I celebrate and share those pics :-) My fave thing to do was to take my largest pair of pants and used those same pants to show the difference in size (I held them in front of me)..... since I got started back after having a baby, me and my workout friend took biggest loser type pics (sports bra and shorts) from all angles ugh- I haven't had the nerve to ask her to look at them yet, but in a few more pounds we'll take similar pics and compare--until then I don't want to see those pics!!!!
  • Floricienta
    Options
    Sounds like an amazing idea. Good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do it!
  • JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Very good idea. Good luck, you can do it! :bigsmile:
  • oracle730
    Options
    So far, I have taken two pictures...one when I first started and one about a week or two ago. The best motivation is to see how far you have come, so I think a scrapbook is a great motivational tool! :happy: I know you can do it!
  • ElizabethMcCathern
    Options
    Thanks y'all.
    I'm counting on successes for us all this coming year!

Pictures are always a reality check for me, but I can't wait to make comparisons!

I can't wait! LOL
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I Would love to do a weight loss scrapbook...but i dont know what to include or anything...please take pix of ur scrapbook and such so i could get some ideas
  • ElizabethMcCathern
    Options
    I Would love to do a weight loss scrapbook...but i dont know what to include or anything...please take pix of ur scrapbook and such so i could get some ideas

My sister bought me a kit. They have them already pre-packaged at like Hobby Lobby. Basically it comes with the book, plastic sheet protectors, background papers, stickers, and cutouts. So you just put the pieces on your paper the way you like it, add your own pics, and glue (or tape ). I'm sticking to a very plain look. One pic for every month, the month spelled out with cutout letters, a couple of butterfly stickers and some glitter....on the flip side i'm putting my stats for the month. :D

I'd add a pic, but i don't know how. :(