Anyone else found Easter really hard.

Options
I knew that obviously there'd be chocolate and Easter Sunday involved, but I've had 2 weeks off work and Although I've kept heathy with snacks and some meals I've treated myself way too much with fast food and haven't lost any lb for the 2 weeks.

Do people find when they're out of routine they eat more or worse?

I can't wait to get back to work for the simple fact I have my set food times and know what I eat!

Just worried it'll be harder than I think going back in to it!

Replies

• fitterlifestyle
    Options
    Easter was so difficult for me as well! and it was even harder that i was on holidays and not at school because i didn't have a set eating or exercise plan for two weeks. I ate ALOT of fast food and didn't lose any weight. but i'm looking forward to getting back to school and continuing my fitness journey. Its so much easier to stay on track when i'm busy and have planned what i'm going to eat each day.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You don't have to lose weight every week.....^____^ ..If you enjoyed your easter and the people you shared it with... then keep on moving on... sometimes breaking your diet --every once in a while can help you lose later...

-ms
  • nhenryoliver
    nhenryoliver Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Was difficult as we had guests and then went away over the hols. Resulted on me gaining :(, but I'm trying hard to eat regular and healthy again! Best thing about being back at work is that it gets my eating in better order!
  • rosie291289
    rosie291289 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ah so glad to hear I'm not the only one! Thought it was my fault for having little will power!
  • mrsslls
    mrsslls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree, I too have had two weeks off and can't seem to stop putting crap in my mouth. I tend to relax more on the weekend and I've treated my time off as one giant long weekend. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm looking forward to getting back to work and my routine. I'm sick of eating crap but I keep shovelling it in my mouth still. Perhaps I need to work on this area for the future, I would hate to reverse all the hard work being done simply because my work routine changes.
  • rosie291289
    rosie291289 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Literally hearing me exactly

Sick of eating crap but still eating it.

Can't wait to go back to work.

Treating the holiday as a long weekend!

Bring on work tomorrow! X
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me - I've been watching what I eat for the last 360 odd days so a couple of days here and there (eg Easter, Christmas) aren't going to make a difference.

PS 241 days to go!
  • Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I didn't worry about it. I ate dinner with my family TWICE. It didn't affect anything in the grand scheme of things. One day isn't going to ruin anything. And if you do get off track, just eat maintenance until you can get motivated to lose weight again. That's what I do and it works wonderfully. I haven't gained back a single pound even though I take a break from dieting once in a while.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    You don't have to lose weight every week.....^____^ ..If you enjoyed your easter and the people you shared it with... then keep on moving on... sometimes breaking your diet --every once in a while can help you lose later...

-ms

totally agree with this, I had two easter dinners over the weekend, then the leftovers for the next few days afterwards :blushing:

I did manage to stay away from the chocolate though
  • rissa876
    rissa876 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Holidays where I know I will be eating more calories has me motivated to burn calories at the gym in the morning. Otherwise I will get off track quickly. The key thing is to keep things in moderation and not to over indulge.