Why wait until 2011.... I rocked my unofficial half marathon

Options
emmaleigh47
emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
Hey guys! Everyone on this website has been just wonderful to me... and I have great news to report.
Despite having a poor run on Wednesday, today I was scheduled for a 12 miler..... and I pushed that into a full half marathon!

Yep ...today in the rain and fog, I RAN A HALF MARATHON!!

Trust me... I am nothing special... overweight still... but if I can do it, anyone can. I just had to share!!

Replies

• yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    that is wonderfull and very insipring!!!!
  • drbean
    drbean Posts: 6
    Options
    That is so great!!! Congrats! You should be incredibly proud of yourself....Happy New Year.
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    you are special and congrats
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    Awesome job! I just recently started running. I am doing intervals of running and walking to work my way into it. I ran .75 mi today which is NOTHING compared to a half marathon!!! But I'm proud of myself for that little bit because I had knee surgery a year and a half ago and haven't run for like 10 years...no joke!! Hopefully someday I will be where you are at. You are an amazing inspiration!!! Especially doing that in the rain and on New Year's Eve!! Great job and keep it up. Before you know it, you will be saying you did a whole marathon!!! :)
  • 4x4n8
    4x4n8 Posts: 29
    Options
    That is awesome you gotta be feelin sooooo good!! :)
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    That's my goal for this coming year! Great job!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's an awesome accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    Awesome job! I just recently started running. I am doing intervals of running and walking to work my way into it. I ran .75 mi today which is NOTHING compared to a half marathon!!! But I'm proud of myself for that little bit because I had knee surgery a year and a half ago and haven't run for like 10 years...no joke!! Hopefully someday I will be where you are at. You are an amazing inspiration!!! Especially doing that in the rain and on New Year's Eve!! Great job and keep it up. Before you know it, you will be saying you did a whole marathon!!! :)

Interval running is the way to go! I did the whole 13 miles running intervals, because there is no way my body would let me run the whole thing without stopping. I think walking is ok .. its not a sign of weakness. Good for you for getting back into it... 0.75 is nothing to sneeze at, keep working on it and eventually you will get farther and farther!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    You ARE special, because you pushed on through and DID it!!!!!!! Good for you! I'm so proud! I even got a wave together, just for you, so you could see how happy the Pacman's are! haha
    yippee.gif
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!! That is fantastic, I cannot wait until I am capable of doing this! Go you!!!!!
  • tiger87lilly
    tiger87lilly Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am training to run a half marathon myself.....this will be my first. I turn 40 this year and have been trying to meet this accompishment for the last 2 years but something always come up. It's now or.....well any time really. Good luck with your quest to run 1000 miles.
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratz, that is just awesome! I'm way overweight myself and hoping to get myself down enough so I can do my first official half marathon on July 11th. *Keeping my fingers crossed!*
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    Congratz, that is just awesome! I'm way overweight myself and hoping to get myself down enough so I can do my first official half marathon on July 11th. *Keeping my fingers crossed!*

Sweetie, why wait until you are down ... I am 248 and I can do it! You can do it too! Just start out slow ..... and work your way up slowly. With 7 months to prepare you can do a slow increase and get there!! :)
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    So awesome. I start training soon for my first half-marathon May 29. I am not overweight but still feel a bit intimidated. You rock!
  • curleeqsue
    Options
    Congrats to you. What a way to start the new year. Everone who runs is an inspiration to other runners.
    As a runner myself, I know how hard that first mile is to get through, but we push through it and before I knew it, I am running four miles and never thought that was possible.
    I am looking forward to my first 1/2 marithon in April and hearing you so excited gives me hope and I know I want that feeling.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Good for you...what a great acomplishment.
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    That is sooooo wonderful and amazing. I think so people fear what you have done because they aren't "there" yet -where ever "there" might be.

Excellent work! Woo hoooo
  • jconner491
    Options
    Ann Marie, are you really going to run 100 miles in 2011?! When do you ever stop, girl?? And you wonder how it is that I find you inspirational!! You just go on with your bad self!!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    Ann Marie, are you really going to run 100 miles in 2011?! When do you ever stop, girl?? And you wonder how it is that I find you inspirational!! You just go on with your bad self!!

Umm Jennifer I dont quite think I can make this goal... I only did 300 last year ... but that was only half of the year... and now I think to run mid distances almost every run ... its a rarity if I run less than 3 ... ok wait not a rarity I havent had a <3 mile run since October! So I am hoping if I just continue with my usual runs maybe I will hit that goal -- and if not it will still be fun keeping track!
  • 60HzShuffle
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. I just did my first two 5k's in the last few weeks and I want to do a 10k in July. I am having to do some walking in the 5k's right now (which is starting to tick me off!). I need to set a goal on running a number of miles outside now and get off the treadmill so your post is an inspration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!