Eating Pizza Bad?

Options
Hey,

I'm trying to be good and control my calories, however there is a Ristorante pizza (http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=251334710) sitting in the freezer singing to me.
Is it so bad to have half of one of these with some veg as it does in keep with my calories, or should I try harder to eat the "right foods" only

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Eating Pizza Good!
    Just stay within your calorie goal.
  • trying_to_burn
    Options
    Lol Thanks.
    I'm feeling pizza for sure tonight. lol
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    There are no "right foods" and 'wrong foods". Just stay within your calories and you'll be fine :drinker:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Depriving yourself leads to resentment and is non sustainable in the long run. Eat the pizza, enjoy it. Just limit yourself to two slices, you don't need more than that. And keep a close eye on your daily calorie goal. I haven't given up pizza, or chocolate, or fried chicken, I'm just sensible about it. Two pieces of chicken, one or two slices of pizza, that sort of thing.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You need to view your overall nutrition as a whole, not individual food items. If you are meeting your nutritional requirements, you don't get extra credit for more broccoli.
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Eat it :) Just remember "moderation"
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Stay within your calorie count and enjoy!
  • trying_to_burn
    Options
    Awesome.
    Thanks guys. I've been feeling really bad when I have that sneaky chocolate bar or the boiled sweet to keep the stress levels down when driving in the mornings >.<

:D
  • johnnyhatesjazz
    johnnyhatesjazz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think its the sodium you should watch and eat it in moderation, as long if you make room for it in your calorie intake I think its ok but that's just me
  • pamb89
    pamb89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza every week. It's a must lol. Just stay within your calorie goals and you'll be fine.
  • Osphan
    Osphan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. You're fine if you stay within your calories. When I want pizza, I make English muffin pizzas using a light English muffin, 1/4 cup pizza sauce, 1/4 cup mozarella, and 2 slices turkey pepperoni - I think it's like 230 calories or something like that. Yum!
  • LeeShei
    LeeShei Posts: 2
    Options
    As long as it is within your calories, go ahead. :)
    I would however eat only a half pizza max. Try to cut it before you bake it, though, and put the rest away. That way you will be less tempted to eat the other half, too. And you'll have the other half left for the next week.
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    This post....made me hungry for pizza
  • trying_to_burn
    Options
    Awesome.
    Thanks for all the replies. :D
    I'll do the math before I eat to see the sodium levels and cut off the suitable amount. Otherwise I will do a cookie-monster on it. lol
    Also thanks for the english muffin recipe. I'm going to really enjoy that :D
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    1. Eat pizza
    2. Wait an hour or two
    3. Go exercise

You can have your cake/pizza and exercise, too.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    i would go ahead and pre-log it and then build the rest of your day around it…

and pizza is not bad..it is a source of carbs, protein, and fat….just maintain your deficit and try to fit it into your macros for the day
  • Stevenjames119
    Options
    Pizza is not as unhealthy as you think. It's the bread base (thick crust) that causes the problems. Cheese is a healthy sat fat content. It is the 'meat' content that is the problem as far as processed foods go. I limit my carbs and fruits and really go for the healthy fats, sat fats, full dairy cream, avocados, nuts coconut oil etc (inc Bacon twice a week, loads of eggs) I juice my greens and do intermittent fasting also. I don't keep regular meal times either. It works for me as I am a protein metabiliser. Find out which you are (carb or protein metabaliser) and this really is the key for most. The real issue is how much exercise you are getting also. I find Dr Mercola.com has been a real help for me with regard to nutrition. Hope it helps you also. (PS it's a free site !)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Eating Pizza Good!
    Just stay within your calorie goal.
    Exactly what I was going to say! :drinker:
  • Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big pizza fan, but because of family I've eaten it twice in the past 2 weeks. I've still lost weight. I even had a couple of days of very high calories and that hasn't stopped me from losing weight. When you stay under your goal consistently, a day here and there of splurging really isn't a big deal and may even be beneficial imo