Maintaining self discipline

Options
Morning! I'm coming today to ask a question. Now, I know weight loss is calories in, calories out. I've lost close to 80 pounds. I'm a freshman in college, though so I've naturally gained some of that weight back. The semester ends in 2 weeks and I'll be going back home to a place where there is a lot of "junk" and very little of the foods I prefer to eat. So what I'm asking is how to all stay disciplined and focused on your diet when temptation surrounds you. I know mindless eating is a big factor and I'll hopefully have a job over the summer so it shouldn't be that difficult but at least while I'm still here in college for these 2 weeks I'd like to practice eating better since I'm surrounded by temptation at all times in the dining hall. Any pointers?

Replies

• AimeeBaumgartner
    AimeeBaumgartner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I successfully lost weight before. I ate a bunch of fruit or veggies like celery sticks and when it comes time to eat the bad stuff you won't have much room for it. They say eat a salad first and you will eat less off of the buffet.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    When I successfully lost weight before. I ate a bunch of fruit or veggies like celery sticks and when it comes time to eat the bad stuff you won't have much room for it. They say eat a salad first and you will eat less off of the buffet.
    Lol I'm allergic to celery and carrots. I did the "salad before a meal" thing for a few solid weeks and I got bored, haha x3 how did you choose to eat the healthier options rather than the other? I know I'm an emotional eater. There is no denying it. I'm just in a rut right now.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you'll be at home with your parents? How about just asking your mom to keep some of the healthier foods you are now used to eating available for you? Or if you are working, take some of your earned funds and buy those items yourself.

What about cranking up your workouts to ensure you're burning off the extra calories you might have from making poor selections? You have to decide if maintaining your weight loss is worth the effort. If it is, then you must work for it.