Big thighs

Hi all
I've always had big thighs and big butt in my entire life even when I was 50 kg! This body shape makes me look fat in any weight!
Does anyone have solutions for it? What kind of exercises are best for losing thigh's fat?
Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Meh, I love my big butt and thighs :love:
  • Same here sweetie my thighs r currently 23 and waist is 28 .. Its all about the magic of clothing serch pear shape clothing ideas on google xx
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,942 Member
    Genetics. You get to blame your parents for it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    I'm not a fan of my thighs either. I do try to keep them tone though cause I can't make them slim. I do YouTube workouts with blogilaties. She makes my thighs sore and with a combo of cardio to really show the definition. Never will I have slim thighs but toned is totally achievable :)
  • Insomniac8
    Insomniac8 Posts: 182
    My waist is 29, my thighs are 25 and my hip is 41, can you believe it?!
    It's so annoying I've always hated buying jeans :(
  • My waist is 29, my thighs are 25 and my hip is 41, can you believe it?!

Omg these are my measurements last year! You can do it girl lifting helped me i was 189lbs but my waist was 30cmxx now im 153lb 28" waist thighs 23" and hips 38" bottom is 40" xxx
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Where you store fat is largely genetic. You can't spot reduce fat (ie: to only lose fat from your thighs) only lose overall body fat. In that situation your legs may always be proportionally larger than everywhere else.

By all means you can work on lower body workouts, and this will likely help improve the appearance of them (better body composition - fat vs muscle) Squats, deadlifts, lunges etc but this will not magically reduce fat there.

First and foremost I'd say to try and embrace how your body naturally is, with its shapely thighs. Find clothes that flatter your shape, instead of make it look larger than it is. Not everyone is suited to every style of clothing, you've got to work with what you've got. Personally I want my thighs bigger (from muscle) I love how they look and I'm quite lean there, yet if I put on a skinny pair of jeans, I'd say 90% of the time they look fat. I can't even pinch any fat on my legs, it's very misleading. There's a big difference between being fat and looking fat in unflattering clothes, and at 50kg you are not fat!

A good thing with improved body comp (achieved via exercise) is that in the environments a lot of people complain about (in a bikini / underwear / naked) you look slimmer and leaner even if they may be a smaller size, but higher bf%.
  • Insomniac8
    I'm not a fan of my thighs either. I do try to keep them tone though cause I can't make them slim. I do YouTube workouts with blogilaties. She makes my thighs sore and with a combo of cardio to really show the definition. Never will I have slim thighs but toned is totally achievable :)

I wrote the name down to try it as soon as I have time!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member

Those are the same as my measurements. I don't think I look fat. A LOT of women are shaped like us. It's very "normal". Honestly I'd rather carry my excess fat in my thighs than my stomach.

Also, look for Levi's 515.
  • Insomniac8

Omg these are my measurements last year! You can do it girl lifting helped me i was 189lbs but my waist was 30cmxx now im 153lb 28" waist thighs 23" and hips 38" bottom is 40" xxx

You wanna know my current weight? I'm 141! Now you can see the disaster. :(
  • My waist is 29, my thighs are 25 and my hip is 41, can you believe it?!

How tall are you though? Im 5 8 xx an thats no disaster embrace that lovely booty only a dog wants a bone :) xx
  • Insomniac8

Those are the same as my measurements. I don't think I look fat. A LOT of women are shaped like us. It's very "normal". Honestly I'd rather carry my excess fat in my thighs than my stomach.

Also, look for Levi's 515.

Maybe you're taller than me... I'm 161 cm. I don't think thin thighs are sexy and I do not prefer them but I want my thighs to be a lil slimmer... Seeking for solutions!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty

How tall are you though? Im 5 8 xx an thats no disaster embrace that lovely booty only a dog wants a bone :) xx

I'm all for self acceptance but you don't have to put down others (thin women) to make yourself feel better. I hate that saying.
  • Insomniac8

It's not lovely little booty as I'm 5 3 ! :D
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Maybe you're being a little hard on yourself. You'll be able to lose weight, but that won't change your body shape. Your body is not a disaster.
  • Insomniac8
    Where you store fat is largely genetic. You can't spot reduce fat (ie: to only lose fat from your thighs) only lose overall body fat. In that situation your legs may always be proportionally larger than everywhere else.

By all means you can work on lower body workouts, and this will likely help improve the appearance of them (better body composition - fat vs muscle) Squats, deadlifts, lunges etc but this will not magically reduce fat there.

First and foremost I'd say to try and embrace how your body naturally is, with its shapely thighs. Find clothes that flatter your shape, instead of make it look larger than it is. Not everyone is suited to every style of clothing, you've got to work with what you've got. Personally I want my thighs bigger (from muscle) I love how they look and I'm quite lean there, yet if I put on a skinny pair of jeans, I'd say 90% of the time they look fat. I can't even pinch any fat on my legs, it's very misleading. There's a big difference between being fat and looking fat in unflattering clothes, and at 50kg you are not fat!

A good thing with improved body comp (achieved via exercise) is that in the environments a lot of people complain about (in a bikini / underwear / naked) you look slimmer and leaner even if they may be a smaller size, but higher bf%.

Thanks dear! I must start making some muscles down there and I'll be satisfied. :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Maybe you're taller than me... I'm 161 cm. I don't think thin thighs are sexy and I do not prefer them but I want my thighs to be a lil slimmer... Seeking for solutions!

A little bit of self acceptance goes a long way. First, quit beating yourself up. This is the way your body naturally is. It's not "ugly", it's not "abnormal", it's just you. I spent a good part of my younger years hating my thighs as well, feeling weird in shorts, wearing board shorts over my swim suit, but know you are the one who notices them the most. No one else looks at you and focuses on your legs, they take in your whole body, your face, your hair, your self confidence, etc. You are NOT defined only by your thighs.

Second, continue to lose weight. Eventually it will come off your thighs.

I'd suggest starting some kind of strength training program. This will preserve muscle as you lose weight. Having muscle in your upper body will make you look more proportional. Having muscle in your legs, even if still under some fat, will make your legs more shapely and firm.
  • Insomniac8

A little bit of self acceptance goes a long way. First, quit beating yourself up. This is the way your body naturally is. It's not "ugly", it's not "abnormal", it's just you. I spent a good part of my younger years hating my thighs as well, feeling weird in shorts, wearing board shorts over my swim suit, but know you are the one who notices them the most. No one else looks at you and focuses on your legs, they take in your whole body, your face, your hair, your self confidence, etc. You are NOT defined only by your thighs.

I'd suggest starting some kind of strength training program. This will preserve muscle as you lose weight. Having muscle in your upper body will make you look more proportional. Having muscle in your legs, even if still under some fat, will make your legs more shapely and firm.

Actually my friends and I myself know me as confident woman. It's not that I think and think about my thighs everyday, here in this threat I'm asking about it so I keep mentioning it in details, that's all! :D
    Thanks for your help. :)
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member

This^^^^ :love: :love: :love:
  • Insomniac8

LOL me too! But not THIS big!
  • Genetics suck, but if you lift for tone and shape and skip hours of cardio this may help. Research is finding heavy weight training and interval sprint training to be more effective than cardio. The other option is to build muscle on the upper body to balance out lower body. Not sure what kind of training you do.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member

x2

I am most definitely heavier on the bottom.....lifting, running, and continued fat loss has made a huge difference. It takes time and patience though. But I have also learned to love my big booty and thick thighs along the way. The more i focus on what they can do, the less I dislike them and the more results I see :)
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member

LOL me too! But not THIS

My hips are 60". It's all in perception. Loving who you are and your body is a huge step to maintaining weight lost.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    I'm working on getting a bigger, more muscular butt.

There is more than one kind of attractive you know. I have a short, curvy friend with the most incredible vintage clothes/shoes collection you have ever seen! Her figure is perfect for them. She has curves in all the right places and they show off her generous bust line, smaller than her bust/hips waist, nice calves and tiny feet.
    I am too tall and thin to wear her amazing clothes. She's too short to kick me in the head (we kick box). LOL. I wear clothes that accentuate my height and weight. Those long, stripey sundresses look striking on me. I can wear drapey stuff with a lot of material. The Bohemian chic look always works. She would look like she was drowning in material or, worse yet, dowdy and lumpy in my clothes. I would look flat, gangly,awkward and straight up goofy in her clothes.

WORK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE!
    That said, muscle gain is always good.