Sugar?

Options
So i am doing my online shop and i was wondering as i refuse to use sweeteners, is fruit sugar better than cane sugar?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    So i am doing my online shop and i was wondering as i refuse to use sweeteners, is fruit sugar better than cane sugar?

If you're looking to add it too stuff not really any difference.
  • ChocoboJaz
    ChocoboJaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I only use it in tea's and coffees

I thought because of the way our body digests and uses it natural sugar would be better, is that not the case?
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with sweeteners? Some are natural.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    is fruit sugar better than cane sugar?

not really, if the fruit is an orange half of it is the same thing (sucrose).

Cane sugar ie vegetable sugar vs fruit sugar ?
  • ChocoboJaz
    Options
    Well yeah because they have that fruit sugar alternatives out now which are meant to be better for you because they are fruit 0.o

As for sweeteners - it tricks your brain in to thinking you are having sugar, so it goes threw the whole process to get ready to use it, when no sugar happens because it is a sweetener not a sugar your body then craves something to eat, mainly something sugary to then be able to use the insulin it just produced for the sugar, which you never even consumed - thus making you want to or over eat.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    Options
    Well yeah because they have that fruit sugar alternatives out now which are meant to be better for you because they are fruit 0.o

As for sweeteners - it tricks your brain in to thinking you are having sugar, so it goes threw the whole process to get ready to use it, when no sugar happens because it is a sweetener not a sugar your body then craves something to eat, mainly something sugary to then be able to use the insulin it just produced for the sugar, which you never even consumed - thus making you want to or over eat.

Um. I'm pretty sure that "fruit sugar" works the same as sweeteners in that aspect. How could stevia, a natural occurring plant, trick your brain anymore than a banana? Your argument doesn't make sense.
  • Ivana_KillerBody
    Options

Um. I'm pretty sure that "fruit sugar" works the same as sweeteners in that aspect. How could stevia, a natural occurring plant, trick your brain anymore than a banana? Your argument doesn't make sense.
    Sugar is sugar. Fruit sugar has same effect as processed sugar, it is true that processed prob. has more chemicals that come with it and not as good as fruit sugars. I use stevia in my coffee. You could try honey instead as that is truly natural and not overprocessed.
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options

Nope. The research and biological studies show that any types of sugar (irrespective of artificial sweeteners) even though may have a slightly different molecular structure they are all processed and metabolized identically in the body. This includes fructose, dextrose, high fructose corn syrup or gluctose-fructose and all other sugars. Essentially as noted above sugar is sugar.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Well yeah because they have that fruit sugar alternatives out now which are meant to be better for you because they are fruit

If the "fruit sugar" is Fructose then it has the same calories per gram as other sugars like sucrose and glucose.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the proper answer is but I like to sweeten my tea and other things with honey.
  • ChocoboJaz
    Options

Nope. The research and biological studies show that any types of sugar (irrespective of artificial sweeteners) even though may have a slightly different molecular structure they are all processed and metabolized identically in the body. This includes fructose, dextrose, high fructose corn syrup or gluctose-fructose and all other sugars. Essentially as noted above sugar is sugar.

Fantastic - thank you for that :)
  • ChocoboJaz
    Options

Not at all - the difference is that 'fruit sugar' much like cane sugar is not completely man made in a lab where as sweeteners are which is why i wont go near them if i can help it :) and apart from that sweeteners are not sugar, but fruit sugar is sugar...
  • lemonsnowdrop
    Options

Not at all - the difference is that 'fruit sugar' much like cane sugar is not completely man made in a lab where as sweeteners are which is why i wont go near them if i can help it :) and apart from that sweeteners are not sugar, but fruit sugar is sugar...

No. No. Stevia is not made in a lab. It's completely natural. If you were as educated on "sugar" as you think you are, you'd know that.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options

No. No. Stevia is not made in a lab. It's completely natural. If you were as educated on "sugar" as you think you are, you'd know that.
    Just a hunch but I think she means artificial sweeteners (sweet n low and the like)
  • lemonsnowdrop
    Options

Just a hunch but I think she means artificial sweeteners (sweet n low and the like)

Yes, but she said she refuses to use any sweeteners. That's a blanket statement, and products like stevia are included. I don't like people demonizing sugar in the first place, but ya know. :/
  • _mlee_
    _mlee_ Posts: 90
    Options
    I personally think sweetener tastes gross :s. If you only have a little in tea and coffee then why not just use regular sugar or brown sugar? I would personally just stick with the regular stuff :) . I'm no expert at all but I've always heard that sugar is sugar regardless of what kind it is.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    In
  • ChocoboJaz
    Options

I think if you're going to try and question my intelligence you should use it with facts and logical information, not try and batter people for asking a simple question, not only that but a lot of people on this site have extremely low self esteem - me being one of them so i would appreciate if you did not try and talk to me as if i was stupid - which i am not. Apart from that i have been perfectly pleasant with you so i don't know exactly what you get out of that comment.

At no point did i mention a brand, maybe i was not aware of the one you were referring to - did you think of that at all? No because obviously i just have no intelligence otherwise i would know all brands wouldn't i? You know because intelligence means you know all and everything,
    I don't understand why someone would sit on a forum, especially one for people who are trying to better themselves and just put them down like that.

Although i am not an aggressive or demeaning person, so because you have mentioned this product is natural i will look in to it, because everything i eat i look for logical and evidence for it, i spent too many years putting goodness knows what in to my body, which im sure a lot of people will understand.
  • ChocoboJaz
    Options

I read that fruit sugars taken out of fruit and used as sweetener (fructose) behave as any other sugar does (as an added sugar).

Can u drink your coffee black?

Or just use natural sugar in moderation :)

I use cinnamon to sweeten my coffee now, no cream or added sugar, it took some adjusting but I am never looking back.

I can drink it black yes, i usually drink green tea, i guess it is just a morning routine that i have a nice milky coffee with 2 sugars so i was looking to replace that, i will try the cinnamon, how much do you usually put in? :)