Discouraged wedding less then two months away

Options
qtrhrse1
qtrhrse1 Posts: 19 Member
I am so discouraged it is lest than two months away and I have actually gained weight. What am I doing wrong everything I don't stick with the program. I know he loves me just how I am but every picture I will see this fat girl we are going to hawaii and every picture I will be a fat newlywed. I wish I oculd love myself for who I am. What do I do????

Replies

• MEK1960
    MEK1960 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    1) Find a dress you love that fits the body you have. 2) Be so thankful you are marrying a man who loves you just as you are (even if you cannot love yourself that way just this moment) 3) Count on people seeing the LOVE that will make you beautiful 4) Start planning to renew your vows in one year and you will WOW everyone and you will have these side by side pics and everyone will say, "Was that really you?"
  • cafeduus
    cafeduus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! You have lost 52 POUNDS!!!!! That is such an achievement!!!!

Please don't be discouraged, I'm sure that you are a little stressed about the wedding,
    but you're doing fine. You have a man that truly loves you, or he wouldn't have asked
    to spend the rest of his life with YOU!!!!!

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT!!!! Find a dress that makes you feel beautiful
    and comfortable in. And the next time you feel discouraged or hate what the scale
    says, go for a walk (unless the weather is bad) go outside, smell the fresh air,
    and walk 1 mile or whatever makes you feel energized!!!!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!!! And your progress, not many people
    can say that they've lost 52 pounds!!!!!
  • carla1958
    carla1958 Posts: 30
    Options
    I am also getting married in 6 weeks and had been dreading the photos. I found a long pleated dress in mint and gold (second wedding) and it looks great no matter my weight. I had been stressing to get into a smaller ivory dress and I gained 7 pounds back!!! Because I was stressed. Now that I decided on the more flattering dress (with stranger color) I am down 3 pounds. Just focus on doing your best each day but then let it go. He is a lucky man! I think focusing on the date of the wedding itself made things much worse for me. Trying to relax and enjoy the process now. Best wishes!
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I think you mis read her ticker. Is says 52 pounds to go.
    YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! You have lost 52 POUNDS!!!!! That is such an achievement!!!!

Please don't be discouraged, I'm sure that you are a little stressed about the wedding,
    but you're doing fine. You have a man that truly loves you, or he wouldn't have asked
    to spend the rest of his life with YOU!!!!!

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT!!!! Find a dress that makes you feel beautiful
    and comfortable in. And the next time you feel discouraged or hate what the scale
    says, go for a walk (unless the weather is bad) go outside, smell the fresh air,
    and walk 1 mile or whatever makes you feel energized!!!!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!!! And your progress, not many people
    can say that they've lost 52 pounds!!!!!
  • ros2will3run
    ros2will3run Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are lovely and beautiful just the way you are!! you're getting married to a guy who obviously thinks you are lovely!!
    Afew curves on the beach in Hawaii sounds fine to me!!

If you want to have a 'new look', then fine..it takes time,

but for now, be happy to be healthy, loved and only 52 pounds off your perfect size!!

Me, I have 100 pounds to go..which is abit big, so i reckon, that you must be a stunner at 52 pounds..just abit curvy!!
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I gained weight before my wedding, too. It sucks and I look like I've lost weight since then. However, I looked great at my wedding. I had a great dress that made me look my best and we were (and are still) so in love. It shows in our photos and I LOVE MY PHOTOS!

It will be a wonderful day. And in truth, it is just that. One day in your life.

I found it a lot easier to focus on fitness and weight after the stress if the wedding was over.
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I got Married to my best friend and soulmate when we were both at our heaviest in 2012.

In our wedding pictures, I am huge but happy :-)

I don't really care what I looked like as long as I looked presentable. I got Married because I love my Husband and want all the future I can have with him.

Compared to that, what are pictures?

With such a short time to go before your wedding, don't focus on anything too specific. The run up is incredibly stressful for any Bride but the day goes ahead whether we are as satisfied as can be or not :-)

After your wedding, you will still be exactly the same 2 people in love! I hope that you both have a beautiful wedding and are 2 beautiful, happy, loved up people, beaming in every picture Xx
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    It is SO HARD to lose weight before a wedding! Everything is stressful, especially destination weddings!! You should be so proud of the weight that you did lose and focus on enjoying the happiest time of your life. Your photos will reflect love & happiness! Congratulations!
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in 1.5 months and I'll definitely be heavier than I'd like, but some great shapewear, alterations, and a dress that makes you feel like a goddess can work wonders! I love the way my dress style goes with my figure (flaws and all), so along with the makeup and hairstyle and accessories, that helps boost confidence a heck of a lot. Also, think of it this way - if you get started now and keep losing weight beyond your wedding, you'll be defying the stereotype of newlyweds who get too "comfortable" and gain so much weight that looking at their wedding photos years later makes them sad (like "Oh, I wish I still looked like that"). You'll be working on getting healthy for the marriage, which in the long term is more important than the wedding.
  • squeepig
    squeepig Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing, and this is VERY important. Make sure your photographer knows how to photograph a girl with curves. There are some photographers out there who use the same techniques on EVERYONE and a lot of them don't work on a curvy gal. (I was once a wedding photographer, so I know!) You'll look slimmer if he shoots slightly above you and never from below. A slight turn of the body, an elongation of the waist, all help to make you look even more beautiful. Make sure he or she has the time to do what they want and that no one feels rushed so that there is time to allow for posing adjustments for the formal shots.

I had to buy a completely different wedding gown just a month before my wedding because I gained so much they couldn't take it out anymore. I'm a stress eater, so it was not unexpected.
  • Geordie365
    Options
    Weddings are stressful in the planning stage, but on the day, if you can relax and just think about what's important (ie, not your weight) you really will have the best day of your life.

From now to the wedding just give yourself a break, exercise to feel good and relive stress, but please take that pressure off yourself. You are obviously loved, so don't you worry about wedding weight loss goals.

You can always work hard to be slimmer for the first year anniversary pics!

Enjoy your big day, all the best.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!