Cycle anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• BChanFit
    BChanFit Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love mapmyride, well the whole mapmyfitness site actually since I use it for running as well. :) Love that there are fellow runner/new to cyclists here too! I had a 10 mile race last weekend - Getting psyched up for my 2nd half marathon which is coming up the first weekend in June. Need to get faster there though too. My running comfort zone is a 12 minute mile but I was more like a 10 minute mile last fall.
  • BigG1978
    BigG1978 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey all, cyclist from the UK here and I too have felt them bruises when moving to SPD's - it will certainly become second nature after a while and you'll feel the benefit.

I love cycling and love my road bike - anyone please feel free to add me to friends list, looking for likeminded peoples too!
  • BChanFit
    Options
    Glad to hear it gets easier!
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Clipless pedals were the first suggestion my brother made when I asked him how to improve - I absolutely love them!!!
    Tried cycling without them last week and it felt SO inefficient in comparison!!
    Off out with a few friends tomorrow morning to try out the sprint tri course. There's just one horrible hill on it so I need to figure out the gearing for that but other than that it's mostly getting used to the new riding position which is totally different on the road bike compared to my hybrid. The race is on 11th May so I've not got long to go!
  • brittneyleighphotography
    Options
    Me and my boyfriend both bought road bikes this week as well and are looking to ride 2-3 a week, doing decent distance rides. Planning some large day and overnight trips. Should be fun! Feel free to add me and hold me accountable yall!
  • BigG1978
    BigG1978 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great to see so many getting into road cycling, once you have started you won't go back to mountain or hybrid bikes I can assure you!

I've been on my road bike for about 4 years and it takes some time to get used to the bike and how best to ride it - cornering, gearing, pedal stroke, seated, standing in additon to getting the best setup. I didn't have a proper 'bike-fit' so it took me a while to work out the best seat post height, bars, saddle angle etc but you just know when you get it right.

Good luck to everyone on their own cycling journeys for whatever reason or purpose you do them, it's a great way to keep fit, loose weight improve mood etc.

Please feel free to add as friend if you so wish - all the best!
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options

This looks good, does anyone know how to join a 'group'? Durrrrr
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options

This looks good, does anyone know how to join a 'group'? Durrrrr

I do!! Along the top of the page, next to message boards, there is a tab called "groups", that takes you to the list of all groups. Search for biking: mountain and road, in think it's called, select it and you will see a green button that says "join group". Then you're in!
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    ^^^ woo thank you so much!
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Over the past week I purchased a new road bike, various equipment and am registering for a duathlon in August. Looking for any semi-serious cycle buddies for fellow motivation and support! I work out 3-6 times a week, am already a runner and now looking to add in cycling. Friends anyone? Send a request or if interested I can send you - thanks!

How are you finding the bike? I'm still getting used to mine but absolutely love it - so much faster than my hybrid and it feels so different to ride! Getting nervous about the tri now though - it only struck me this morning that it's two weeks today!
  • Technolero
    Options
    Please add me! I'm an avid cyclist (can't you tell by my tan lines?). I just bought a brand new road bike. I would really love more cycling friends!
  • BChanFit
    Options
    Added! :)
  • oldbikegirl
    oldbikegirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm an old roadie coming back from several years of heath issues. I have 40 lbs to shed but am thrilled to be back on the bike. Rode easy this AM. My bike has been around awhile (downtube shifters) but still goes fast! Add me.
  • BaldheadSlick
    BaldheadSlick Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as I'm so glad to be back on the bike after a long winter. I've been getting in 3-4 days over the last 3 weeks after 6 months of being locked indoors.