Stomach fat

Options
124»

Replies

• juliebean3
    Options
    First of all I doubt you need lipo. I think that should be reserved for extreme cases. But this is one of my problem areas too and honestly I notice the most progress when I eat better food.

No white bread, potatoes, sugary cereals... only complex carbs, sweet potato, whole grains and wheats in moderation or granola in yogurt. I don't kill myself. Ya I put granola in my yogurt!

More veggies- anything you like. Cook em, bake em, sautee em, eat em raw, put them on top of a tortilla with a little bit of natural pasta sauce and skim mozzerella. Bake for 15-17 mins. Boom healthy pizza. No dips and dressings. If I use dressing on salad it's yogurt ranch or a teeny bit of light italian (I know it's still a little bad but its better than others)

Protein! Get yo egg white on. I actually hate cooking chicken. It grosses me out. So I don't eat it. You don't need a cookie cutter diet that every body builder has. Make little substitutions, eat things you like.

When you have cravings drink water and eat fruit. Fruit is a life saver. 1 or 2 pieces a day. Hey sometimes I go crazy and have more. It's better than eating cake.
  • chellseaworley101
    chellseaworley101 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. From this post I see that I need to focus more on strength training (I already do a LOT of Cardio) & eating more. Thankfully water and coffee are the only things I drink. (More water than anything) so I don't have to put an effort to drink more water. Haha. My sister says my belly has shrunk even though I don't see it.

I've lost 27 pounds & I don't see it. At all. I feel as fat as I was 27 pounds ago. Is there a way for me to change the way I look at things? /:

And can genetics have anything to do with weightloss? I take after my mother and we both have big hips. My hips right now have almost no fat on them and they're still wider than most peoples'. It's frustrating. ;/
  • LaurenDanielle014
    LaurenDanielle014 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I wasn't intending to start an argument and im not saying the way I CHOOSE to be healthy/eat healthy is the only way. If you want to eat whatever you want and stick to a deficit that may work for you, but from a health aspect I prefer to do it this way. there are no problems for either, she asked for opinions from people and I offered. I still do not understand why there is such a debate whether you "eat clean" or "eat whatever you want at a deficit" ...do what you feel comfortable with and what works for you, ive tried it all and this is what was best for ME. Thank you! :)

*sigh* And here we go as usual with the same old tired argument. Looked at your diary. 2350 calorie goal. Now try eating all that garbage on a deficit.

Doesn't change the fact that you can lose body fat not restricting your diet. I did eat this stuff on a deficit. 53 lbs lost and a went from 31% body fat to below 20%.

And you have a bangin bod, and an awesome diary full of awesome food. I'm choosing to follow you.

♡ Thank you. I just, more than anything, want people to understand that you don't need to cut or restrict the foods you enjoy. Moderation is key. I will admit my diary isn't always the best, but I'm human. I like tasty things. It's long term sustainability that makes or breaks the goal at hand and I choose to focus on macros and micros and not whether someone thinks the foods I eat are "junk".
  • LaurenDanielle014
    LaurenDanielle014 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ab's are made in the kitchen first, you cannot eat crap food and expect to get a toned stomach, clean up your diet first

I 100% agree!!!!