My new life, looking for motivated and social buddies

Options
Hi folks,

Currently sitting at about 230lbs which is the heaviest I've ever been. Was on MFP before and went from 225 down to 200 and decided to join a gym which totally destroyed my confidence and my diet along with it. It's been awhile now and life has changed dramatically for me, I have a daughter now and I don't want to be a lazy father who can't run around after his daughter. I know this is gonna be really hard but I need to lose weight and be healthy not just for others but because I can't be happy with myself until then.

Looking forward to making new friends and sharing my weight loss journey with you all.

P.S - I'm always on the look out for good recipes so if you know any and would love to share please add me and let me know :D

Replies

• Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
    Good luck and stay focused you can do this!
    FR sent :smile:
  • kristinahargraves
    kristinahargraves Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm always on!
  • SolitudesMuse
    SolitudesMuse Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for giving support. FR sent to OP.

Anyone is more than welcome to join my Friend's List!
  • MeganWillet
    MeganWillet Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I have about 20 pages of recipes that I use on here. I dont make them public (for the shear fact that I'm just lazy) but if you see something in my diary that looks/sounds good, I can give you the recipe!
  • amdied47
    amdied47 Posts: 10
    Options
    I know it is quite hard to loose weight, stay focused and strong.
    That is hard for me as well. I started at 305 got down to 288 when I joing MFP and i have to continue for my health. Quitting smoking was so much easier compared to this. You cant quit eating. Find an exercise you enjoy and stick to it. Someone told me to exercise when you feel like it and exercise when you don't. Good Luck.
  • Minamalenka1
    Minamalenka1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    H Everyone ... I am just starting to explore the social elements on MFP, too. I have been a member for some time but have not used it up to now as I was using Calorie King and PeerTrainer. I am reporting my calorie deficits each day on MFP, and may expand on here more.

I'd like to connect with MFP members who take a balanced approached, looking to science and research to determine the best course of action and answer questions (as opposed to joining a cult following of the latest fad diet book). I don't mind at all teaming up with MFP members who struggle with their goals, but I do hope to meet persons who are committed and determined not to give up.:happy:
  • Scott_Thomas_M
    Scott_Thomas_M Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support and friend requests folks. Starting my diet and progress track from tomorrow morning. Feel free to keep the requests coming, the more the merrier :)
  • AshleySDJ
    AshleySDJ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Motivation and support are great!! Feel free to add!! and good luck!! :):):)
  • Nerdybookworm1990
    Nerdybookworm1990 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
    I was sitting at 263 which has been my heaviest. I am down 11 so far but have a long way to go. Feel free to add
  • arlenedickson
    Options
    Hi. I am brand new to this site, but not to the world of dieting. I was being denied knee surgery due my weight of 275 lbs. So I had the gastric bypass surgery and lost enough weight to get my knees fixed. The surgery is a head start on weight control, but I don't recommend it if you can achieve weight loss in a healthier manner. I'm still struggling to eat healthy and keep the pounds down. One of my co-workers told me about this site. It seems like just what I have been looking for. Here's hoping. Arlene