Chocolate addict

Options
2»

Replies

• danidaggers13
    Options
    Chocolate is my downfall. I've found that things like M&M's are a life saver! A few M&M's a day is enough to keep me from eating family sized bars of chocolate.Also, fun sized bars are good for when you're dieting. I know a few friends that swear by them when they want to shift a few pounds.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    First, if you can't moderate your intake of a certain food, just don't keep it in the house. Make it a rule that if you really want, for example, a piece of cake that you go and buy one cupcake or slice of cake somewhere.

Dark chocolate that is 70%+ cocoa content has more fat and flavor than commercial milk chocolates like Hersey's (that are around 20% cocoa content). Personally I feel satisfied eating just a couple of squares, whereas I used to be able to suck down Hershey's kisses by the handful.

Unsweetened cocoa powder can be added to stuff for 15 calories a tablespoon. You can make your own hot chocolate, blend it with a frozen banana for chocolate "ice cream," add it to smoothies, etc. And a little goes a long way with stuff.
  • chloematilds
    chloematilds Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    good input. I exercised an hour two days ago with the magnum ice cream bar in mind!
    moderate your portion sizes and will power.

There are no magic tricks or short cuts.
    Doesn't work for me.

What DOES work for me is doing a decent amount of exercise, so I can have big portions and still meat my calorie/macro goals.
  • Angold83
    Angold83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I too am a huge chocolate fan, I have it everyday. I buy the Cadbury fun size treat bars which works out between 55-80 cals per bar. I just work it into my allowance. I find that if I deprive myself of it then I will want to binge. You'll soon learn to moderate it and enjoy it guilt free.
  • ClassyBrass12
    ClassyBrass12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hooray I am not alone! chocoholics unite.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Speaking of cold turkey, trying eating more cold turkey and chicken (without sugar marinades). And remind yourself that you are prediabetic, close to type2 already, and just 1 complication away from blindness.

Works for me.
  • NurseKatieLewisburg
    NurseKatieLewisburg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I watched Dr. Lustwig on youtube giving his lecture on sugar and I have since stopped cold turkey. It was hard for me at first, because I had always subscribed to the "low calorie, low fat" is better for you, but now I think a calorie doesn't equal a calorie. I eat whole food and unprocessed food and I thought it would be really hard, but I am actually very satiated always. I am just starting out on this and don't claim to have all the answers, but seeing how poisonous sugar is was a big turn off.
  • marchellaz
    marchellaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted too:love: . Could be worse. I get the chocolate chip cookie dough quest bars and also keep a Hershey special dark candy bar in the fridge. 140 calories for 4 little squares. You don't need therapy lol.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Fruit and raw chocolate are good as healthier sweet alternatives. I control the rest of my diet so it's as clean as possible, and then I eat one or two servings of unnatural sweets (cookies or chocolate) as a small treat. I always go over on sugar, but for the most part, they're foods that produce sugar naturally. :)
  • amyparrish9
    Options
    skinny cow ice creams and candy bars, mmmmm :)
  • rainynight3L33
    rainynight3L33 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars and fiber plus things.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    just cut down, theres not reason to go cold turkey :)

buy funsize/treatsize bars instead of normal ones, so you still get your fix
    also low calorie hot chocolate
    diet cakes/buiscuits

moderation is key :)
  • fatbegone85
    Options
    Hello I'm new here. I am a chocolate/candyholic. I can eat candy and sweets constantly. I have even been known to eat cake for breakfast. This is the reason why I'm at an embarrassing 205lbs. What are some alternatives to my sweet tooth? Trying to quit cold turkey only lasts a few days for me. I want to be able to control this unhealthy habit not let it control me.

I feel your pain. Gosh I love sweets so much. I rarely eat fast food. I can give up burgers, fries, chips, tacos no problem! It's the chocolate/sweets that really get me. I don't buy them anymore. If I absolutely have to have some I only buy small portions. Im embarrassed to say if i buy a whole pie, half or 3/4 of it will be consumed in one sitting. A bag of candy? I snack on it all day long until the bag is gone. So I've made peace with my triggers and made a conscious decision to keep them out of sight/mind. If I do buy a candy bar I eat a bit then leave the rest in the glove compartment. On the off change I just have to have cake/sweets I log it to keep myself accountable. If I can still eat around it and stay at my calorie goal great. If I can't, I go over and try to exercise to win back some calories. I don't want to go over my calories so normally this is enough to keep my cravings at bay. Its feels good to be able to change my weight in MFP to a lower number every week.
  • fatbegone85
    Options
    skinny cow ice creams and candy bars, mmmmm :)
    Fiber one bars and fiber plus things.

I agree! May I add smart ones has some great ice cream items. There's a chocolate chip sundae cup that's only 140 that I really like.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    There is no need to deprive yourself of the foods you love. Find a way to incorporate smaller amounts of chocolate into your macro and calorie goal.

I agree completely. There are thousands of people on this website who achieved and maintained their ideal weight without giving up any foods they enjoy.
  • bubbly_charm2k9
    bubbly_charm2k9 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolates in moderation .weigh it to avoid over eating and also try dark chocolates instead of normal chocolates.. get healthier choices
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hear you.

I see people suggesting Dark Chocolate - I absolutely hate dark chocolate, I've tried and tried.

What I do is just fit in the sweets in my calorie log. I usually have something sweet everyday, but I don't have the same sweet thing so I don't feel deprived. Also, it's all about moderation. I look at the calories, see if I really want to splurge my calories on it or not. Sometimes I'll just have half, and give the other half to someone else; sometimes I'll eat the whole thing.

It's more about learning how to balance out the guilt you get after you eat it while trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    moderate your portion sizes and will power.

There are no magic tricks or short cuts.

This. So much this!

It's okay to eat chocolate in moderation. I'm a chocolate addict, too. :)
  • ClassyBrass12
    ClassyBrass12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    THIS.
    Speaking of cold turkey, trying eating more cold turkey and chicken (without sugar marinades). And remind yourself that you are prediabetic, close to type2 already, and just 1 complication away from blindness.

Works for me.

welp, i know I want to try going cold turkey, starting tomorrow.