Suplementation

Options
28BK5
28BK5 Posts: 8 Member
I have been working out for 5 years +; now; and my workouts in gym are very early in the am, so i use a pre-workout and intra workout, i am curious to see what others use pre-during-post

I use :
PRE-WORKOUT (several different kinds to mix it up)
juggernaut; expand (dymatize); retaliate (pride nutrition), PRE (optimum nutrition) and a many others

INTRA-WORKOT (several to mix it up
amino energy (optimum nutrition); amino recovery (bb.com);

POST-WORKOUT
i really dont take one other then my post meal

about an hour after workouts (intense) or (non-intense); i mix BCAA, creatine, glutamine, arginine into a 40 oz water bottle and sip on it while im on duty, to keep me anabolic.

What do any off you guys/gals do for PRE-INTRA-POST to keep your self going...

Replies

• Hondo_Man
    Hondo_Man Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Pre-workout: 60-70gr of Spelt Oats, 6 Egg Whites and 25-30gr of Almonds, but it varies.

Intra: Water.

Post: 200gr Turkey or Chicken, 100gr of Whole grain rice or Spelt Pasta.

BCAAs: Don't really need them. If you are eating foods, especially meats, you don't need the extra BCAAs as they are already naturally occurring in meat.

I've been lifting for nearly 30 years and about the only Sport Supplement I'll take is Casein before bed. Glutamine rarely. During a cutting phase, if you aren't getting calories and protein, then a BCAA supplement is beneficial.

If you are eating during the day, you won't go into a catabolic state. Save your money and eat food.

Read this:

http://www.leanbodiesconsulting.com/articles/the-protein-interview-an-interview-with-dr-stuart-phillips/
  • 28BK5
    Options
    Pre-workout: 60-70gr of Spelt Oats, 6 Egg Whites and 25-30gr of Almonds, but it varies.

Intra: Water.

Post: 200gr Turkey or Chicken, 100gr of Whole grain rice or Spelt Pasta.

BCAAs: Don't really need them. If you are eating foods, especially meats, you don't need the extra BCAAs as they are already naturally occurring in meat.

I've been lifting for nearly 30 years and about the only Sport Supplement I'll take is Casein before bed. Glutamine rarely. During a cutting phase, if you aren't getting calories and protein, then a BCAA supplement is beneficial.

If you are eating during the day, you won't go into a catabolic state. Save your money and eat food.

Read this:

http://www.leanbodiesconsulting.com/articles/the-protein-interview-an-interview-with-dr-stuart-phillips/
  • 28BK5
    Options
    i do eat when i can, i pack my food for the day, however in my line of work, there are a lot of times that i dont get to chow down, due to structure fires, accidents, EMS calls, and its a hell of a lot easier to care My BCAA infused drink than a fitness cooler full of food.

Its sucks sometimes but i have to do with what i have to. thank you for the input and i will check out the link.