Victory before the competition

Options
ernurse77
ernurse77 Posts: 73 Member
So I won't be posting pictures just yet, because I'm waiting for the professional ones that will be taken on Saturday, when I'm all spray tanned and well, almost nekkid.

In November of last year I was at the gym and was in awe of all of the female and male bodybuilders that were there for the next day's competition. I have always loved the way an athletic body looks, yet have feared attempting to get there. In December, I spoke with the owner of my gym, who also runs a body building show. After talking with him, I made the crazy decision to give it my all. To push myself like I haven't been pushed before. That's right, I signed up to compete in a drug free body building competition, in the bikini division.

When I started this intense journey on December 18, I was 170ish pounds, wearing a tight size 12 at 5'7" with 14.5% body fat. I am currently 147lbs and 11% body fat. I am down to a size 6, possibly a 4 (if the thighs allow for muscles).

I am so incredibly proud of myself, and I haven't even walked onto the stage yet. The simple fact that I pushed myself and I did it. I got myself (with the help of my coach and family) lean and healthy. I didn't do hours and hours of cardio. In fact, I didn't do cardio until the last month of my prep. I got here by a clean diet and lifting heavy.

I have no clue how I will do at the competition. The judges opinion, is just that, an opinion. What matters most, is how I feel in my skin. To be honest, I feel pretty damn awesome!

Replies

• runningincognito
    Options
    I can't wait to see them! I'm training for my first competition, too!
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    You have been working incredibly hard, all the best for the comp. I can't wait to see the pictures
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I hope the photos will be shared here soon!!!
    Awesome job!
  • ernurse77
    ernurse77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in posting this photo, but I have been crazy busy! I refuse to use Photobucket because of previous issues with them taking photos of my daughter and using them for something I did not approve of. For that reason, my photos are in my profile. Feel free to view them there. Keep in mind that the photo on the left was taken December 18, 2013 and the photo on the right was taken on April 19, 2014.

In December I weighed 170lbs and was a tight size 12 with 14.5% body fat via caliper method. Last weekend I was 147lbs and I think a size 6, possibly a 4, with an approximate body fat of 11%. I say approximate because my coach did not measure my body fat in the last 2 weeks before the contest. I did not place during the competition, and that is absolutely fine with me! I am waiting for the judges notes to see what I need to improve upon if I decide to compete this coming November.

Many people have asked me how did I do this? My answer is going to be the same as so many others....I quit the processed crappy food, ate clean, primarily protein based, and lifted heavy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!