Post-workout Snacks

Options
I was just wondering what some good snacks are for after your workout. I tend to be hungry after I workout and many times eat string cheese, but I was wondering if there is something that's better to eat immediately after? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
*Kistinbee*

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering what some good snacks are for after your workout. I tend to be hungry after I workout and many times eat string cheese, but I was wondering if there is something that's better to eat immediately after? Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    *Kistinbee*
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Your post WO snack should be very low in fat, and high in carbs and protein. You want an insulin spike to quickly shuttle the protein to your muscles for repair. Fat will prevent that insulin spike, so cheese is not the best thing to have. You can even have a high GI carb, like .25 cup of white rice and a light fish, or egg whites and whole grain bread. After resistance training, a snack like that will also lessen your soreness and speed recovery time. I take whey protein and glucose, but there are other food combos that mimic its effects.