How long do you think it'll take

Options
To drop from a dress size 20 to a dress size 18?

Replies

• AlishaRutledge25
    AlishaRutledge25 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    From what I have heard, Its 10 lbs a dress size. But I think 15 is more appropriate. Could lose that in two months! Maybe even a month depending on how your body works!
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Depends on how motivated you are. If you have your caloric deficit set to lose half a pound or more - (AND stick to it), then without exercise probably 3-4 weeks. With exercise, maybe a little less (2-3 weeks).
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the larger the size, the more pounds needed to move down. A size 20 is a plus size so you will need to lose much more than 10lbs. to move down. It could be as much as 25 depending on your body shape. All you can do is eat within your cals, move some, and give it time. Weight loss is NOT linear no matter how much we would like it it to be. Good luck and don't give up. I was almost a 20 when I started (my 18's were so tight I could barely breathe after washing!), and I'm moving into 12's now. :smile:
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    2 - 3 months
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    im 5'8 it takes ALOT for me to move down a dress size. like 25 lbs
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It took me 3 months and 20 pounds to go from a 22 to just now getting into 20s
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It is approximately 1 inch loss per 10lbs and about 1-2lbs per week is a good rate to lose. So, it seems to me you want to lose 20-25lbs and about 2 inches. Comfortably, I'd say 2 months, give or take. Remember though, the faster you lose it, the more likely it comes back, and very easily, so just think 'steady' instead of 'fast'. Also, many people complain of no losses in the beginning due to muscle gain if working out heavily is part of the weight loss plan. Use a tape measure along with the scale to track and don't freak out if in the first week or two I doesn't feel like enough is happening. 3-4 weeks in is when the real losses get underway if you are eating clean and exercising consistently. Good luck!! :happy:
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say because sizes seem to be different wherever you shop and it depends upon the item of clothing and what your problem areas are. I'm generally a couple of sizes bigger in trousers than I am in a skirt for instance. Probably best just getting down and see where you lose it from before buying for a particular occasion.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    To move down sizes when I was in plus sizes it was more like 20-25 lbs.
  • pepotchkiy
    pepotchkiy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    2 - 3 months

this.
  • mommasboy3
    mommasboy3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am in 22's and they were awfully tight to the point where I couldn't button them and I am down about 6 pounds (2ish weeks) and now I can button them again. I think it's going to be 15-20 pounds before I can move sizes, but I store all my weight in my stomach. I am planning on that taking 1.5 months. Don't try and kill yourself and just give it 2.