Am I the only one who hates water ??

Options
Lara883
Lara883 Posts: 47 Member
A question for all Successful mfp'ers lol
How did water help you with your wheight loss ?
Did any of you succed without drinking much water ?

I feel bloated all day when i drink too much water even though i excercize , i've hated water all my life , i drink a minimal amount , i want to force myself to do so , i know its super good for the body , but will i be bloated again?!
I've been in this journey for 2 weeks , not seeing much progress is it because i dont drink enough water ?

Replies

• bex4health
    bex4health Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Honestly I cannot fathom not liking water!!! What do you do when you're thirsty? You're bloated from not drinking enough water, water isn't the cause of your bloat. You need to retrain your brain because naturally that is all our body wants to hydrate. Try ice water, lemon water.. Sorry I'm not much help.
  • JonMB
    JonMB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. As you continue to eat healthy, you'll find your tastebuds start to change and you'll start to crave healthy food and water.

Just drink water when you're thirsty. If you don't feel thirsty, then don't worry about it too much. Maybe just sip on some throughout the day.
  • Sddysart
    Sddysart Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Stick with drinking lots of water....yes....it fills you up but you know its doing your body good! I drink 100 oz a day, yes I pee alot but i know its helping me ....take care.I
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    So you hate the only substance on the planet that is absolutely essential to your being alive?

You don't find that odd?

I tend to drink (at minimum) 2 liters a day. That's just straight water. Not coffee, tea, etc as I drink those too.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My dreams are filled with lakes and waterfalls if I do not drink enough water. I will actually get up in the middle of the night and drink tons when that happens. I don't like just sipping on water throughout the day, but I always take at least 1L with me to the gym and drink it at all meals. Throughout the day, I usually sip on tea or coffee but that is more desk job boredom than anything.
  • dreamerearthchild
    Options
    this is always the craziest thing! you're not the first person i've heard say this. water is my life, i probably drink TOO MUCH water every day haha. nothing every quenches your thirst like water, its the most satisfying. besides the occasion coffee/wine/beer/homemade juices, I honestly only drink water- even when i go to restaurants!
    if you really cant make yourself drink it, try making super fresh water with lots of ice (sometimes freezing raspberries in your ice adds a great flavor), lemon slices, lime slices, a few mint leaves, whatever you like! it's my absolute favorite thing to drink.
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Stay with it! I used to hate water too but now I love it. Last week my water intake was about 1/2 of my normal and I noticed a big difference. I was bloated (water retention thanks to sodium in my diet--about 3-4 lbs of it). When I drink water all day I feel much better. At first, you pee a lot but then your body gets used to the water intake. I actually feel a sense of accomplishment when I go pee and you can't even tell because its so clear, lol. I dropped 8 lbs almost instantly in a period of about 2 weeks just from drinking loads of water. I've also found drinking a lot of water makes me full and less likely to snack.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I despise drinking water. In fact, I only drink plain water during workouts. I drink other things and get lots of water from eating water-rich foods - fruit, vegetables, soup, etc. I lost 66 pounds easily and have kept it off for over two years. I didn't find that skipping plain water had any negative impact on my weight loss.

Honestly, this might be TMI, but I just check the color of my urine when I go to the bathroom. As long as it's very light yellow to clear, I know I'm hydrated and am getting enough water from other drinks and food.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I hate it too. I never EVER drink plain water. All beverages contain water, it still counts.
  • Pathend2
    Pathend2 Posts: 142
    Options
    Yeah, you sorta need it to live.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    A question for all Successful mfp'ers lol
    How did water help you with your wheight loss ?
    Did any of you succed without drinking much water ?

I feel bloated all day when i drink too much water even though i excercize , i've hated water all my life , i drink a minimal amount , i want to force myself to do so , i know its super good for the body , but will i be bloated again?!
    I've been in this journey for 2 weeks , not seeing much progress is it because i dont drink enough water ?

put some cordial in it, drink tea etc.. it doesn't have to be plain water, water retention is caused by not drinking enough as well as other things
  • Napier_mum
    Napier_mum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love water! But then our water tastes really good where I live so maybe that is why?

Try it different ways, I like mine super cold and prefer drinking from a bottle over a glass (no idea why!)

You don't have to drink a whole glass at a time. You can just fill a bottle and sip from it from time to time. If you try and drink lots at once you might get the gross too full bloated tummy feeling. I tend to feel sick if I drink too much too fast in the morning before I eat anything.
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The flavored water at Wal Mart is delicious if you don't like just plain water. Clear American, I drink one every day, but I also stick with regular water. The more you drink of it, the more you'll begin to love it.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You are not alone - I've always hated it. But....since I started on my healthy lifestyle 6 months ago, I've had 2 urinary tract infections. I was asked how much water I've been drinking and when I told the dr. none - well, she said you better start! (I only drank coffee - no soda, juice, nothing. About 6 cups of coffee in the morning - that was it.)
    I could get away with this when I was young (and I've lost weight when I was younger without forcing the water.)
    To avoid the UTI's, I have religiously been drinking 8 cups of water a day. But I measure every drop - to make sure I don't go an ounce over!!! I hate it, but I do it.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Yep - hate water, still managed to lose weight, get fit, and maintain for years.
  • karenraith
    Options
    I can't drink as much water as required or I am running to pee every 10 mins all day! Lol
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    The only suggestion I would make if you really don't like to drink water at all is do not exercise. Dehydration + exercise = trip to the hospital.

Sure, you can down sport drinks, but then you're adding a lot of unnecessary calories to your diet.
  • jenabugg
    jenabugg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I also have trouble with water. It's not that I don't like it. I just find it difficult to drink a lot of water, particularly while I am at work which can be pretty intense. I try to get 7 or 8 glasses a day. One way I keep up with my water intake is to drink two 16 oz glasses of water before I leave my house in the morning. I cannot stand tea or coffee and do not drink artificial sugar, so water is the only thing I drink other than milk. I drink one coke on Sundays.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I also have trouble with water. It's not that I don't like it. I just find it difficult to drink a lot of water, particularly while I am at work which can be pretty intense. I try to get 7 or 8 glasses a day. One way I keep up with my water intake is to drink two 16 oz glasses of water before I leave my house in the morning. I cannot stand tea or coffee and do not drink artificial sugar, so water is the only thing I drink other than milk. I drink one coke on Sundays.

I drink a coke on saturday often thought about having one on a sunday
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever you want. Almost everything liquid has water in it. I have lost over 50 pounds, am 6 pounds from goal and I almost never drink plain water. You just need to stay hydrated, as long as you keep within your calorie goal you can drink anything..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!