3 stones by November

Options
Hi everyone, I'm trying to lose 3 stones by November, I don't know if it's possible or if I can actually do it, I weigh a bit under 14 stones, trying to reach 11.

I've started hitting the gym, I burn 500calories on eliptical for 45 mins... That's all I spend really at the gym, straight after I get home and munch down of food...regretfully some curry, the time I get back home is like 5:30pm, that's when I shower then eat, doesn't seem healthy to me, but I don't know.

Trying to improve diet.

Just hope this site provides the support needed, and need some reassurance that I can accomplish my dream wait, and if i continue to do what I'm doing what weight would I accomplish possibly by November. I consume 2200 calories a day, burn of 500 calories, and I keep at the end of the day 1700 calories, hope to be less, like around 1400 for faster weight loss.

Any suggestions how I could speed things up.

Thanks

Replies

• FoodieMotion
    FoodieMotion Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I think it can be done but putting more pressure on yourself to lose the weight by a certain time can cause you to fail just due to the pressure and fear of failure.

I lost 2 stone in 5 months last year and I did have blow out days occasionally. Just try and do what you can and try not to focus too much on trying to be a certain weight by a certain date.

In the Goals section of the site it gives you an idea as to how much you will lose per week but I also find that MFP can of estimates lower calories than some other sites so see how you get on. :o)
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    The good news is that your goal is definitely possible. If you lose 1.75 lb/week, you can make it by the November time frame.

I don't think there is any reason to try to speed it up, just follow a constant pace until you reach the goal.

That said you can try to have a slightly higher caloric deficit every few days which is a bit reminiscent to the Alternate fasting diet. However, this shouldn't be overdone and one should listen to his/her body and make sure that BMR level calories are met on most days.
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That boils down to about 7 pounds a month. It seems like it might be doable if you continue to exercise and eat at a reasonable deficit. Don't cut your calories too low or you will be sabotaging yourself. Try to hit your macros and calorie goal daily. Include some treats (this will help keep you from binging) but don't overdo them. Learn proper serving sizes and weigh and measure your food. Log everything daily. I will send you a FR.

Good Luck!
  • RunThatWaist21
    Options
    Hiya,

I think it can be done but putting more pressure on yourself to lose the weight by a certain time can cause you to fail just due to the pressure and fear of failure.

I lost 2 stone in 5 months last year and I did have blow out days occasionally. Just try and do what you can and try not to focus too much on trying to be a certain weight by a certain date.

In the Goals section of the site it gives you an idea as to how much you will lose per week but I also find that MFP can of estimates lower calories than some other sites so see how you get on. :o)

Thanks a lot, also the mfp, it says I lose around 1600 calories a weak, I see that as way to low to reach my goal date by, and I know I can lose more if I try.
  • RunThatWaist21
    Options
    The good news is that your goal is definitely possible. If you lose 1.75 lb/week, you can make it by the November time frame.

I don't think there is any reason to try to speed it up, just follow a constant pace until you reach the goal.

That said you can try to have a slightly higher caloric deficit every few days which is a bit reminiscent to the Alternate fasting diet. However, this shouldn't be overdone and one should listen to his/her body and make sure that BMR level calories are met on most days.

How much calories is that a week? Or over the course of 5 days
  • RunThatWaist21
    Options
    That boils down to about 7 pounds a month. It seems like it might be doable if you continue to exercise and eat at a reasonable deficit. Don't cut your calories too low or you will be sabotaging yourself. Try to hit your macros and calorie goal daily. Include some treats (this will help keep you from binging) but don't overdo them. Learn proper serving sizes and weigh and measure your food. Log everything daily. I will send you a FR.

Good Luck!

Thank you so much, accepted also :)

Yeah il try not to lower my calories to low, 1400 is the limit I've heard, 1600 will be my minimum, just hope I can do it.

My treats are more than treats I tend to over do them, I sometimes go all philosophical over food, for example, it's just taste entering your mouth, after I'm finished with it, I probably won't even remember the taste of that chocolate bar, and get all sad that I've taken in pointless calories