Food Advice

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am back on MFP after gaining 17lbs in 6 months. Anyways, I know I can get back to my normal size. So I recent graduate school graduate who is starting a professional life. I am single and love to go to happy hours. I rarely drink, but I do like to eat. My cooking skills are lackluster and I really get flustered in the kitchen. So I normally find myself eating frozen foods at home. I know sodium is an issue so I moved my tacker to 1500 and I drink water all day.

Does anyone have any advices on eating healthy while eating out?

Also, Will you please go through my journal (only a week worth of stuff) and let me know what you think of my meal selections thus far?

Replies

• doodlecakes_07
    doodlecakes_07 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I eat out, I ask for grilled chicken, steamed veggies, and a sweet potato (or regular potato) No dairy/gluten.
    Order a lean protein, a vegetable (not covered in butter/cheese), and a carb. If they give you a huge portion, eat half.

So, I looked through your diary, and some notes:

-you aren't eating enough calories
    -you should learn how to do some basic cooking, you could get a lot better nutrition that way (I know you said you get really flustered in the kitchen, but it'd be really good for you to learn how to bake chicken, stir fry/steam vegetables)
    -your water intake is great
    -you need more fresh food, especially vegetables
    -it seems like you have a lot of diet foods, you should be consuming more whole foods for sustainable weight loss

Make this a lifestyle, rather than a diet. 1000 calories a day is not enough.