Recipe: Banana Cinnamon Protein Pancakes

Options
michybeans
michybeans Posts: 106
Hi guys. I know protein pancakes have been around for awhile but I just came up with this combo today and it's sooo good! And kept me full for a full 5 hours. MMM! Try it out this weekend:

Banana Cinnamon Protein Pancakes

1 big banana, mashed up
1 whole egg
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Kaizen Natural Whey Vanilla Bean mmmm)
1/2 teaspoon almond milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Mx it all up good. Spray a pan with Olive oil spray, fry on medium or medium-high if you're impatient like me. A few mins until it gets flippable. Then flip, give a min or so, and voila! Amazing healthy breakky in under 10 mins. Soooo good!!

307 cals, 33 carbs, 6 fat, 33 protein (!!!), 6 fibre and 144mg sodium

Try it and let me know what you think! It actually fluffs up just like Buttermilk pancake would but it's way more delicious. I've always hated pancakes and thought they were bland, boring pieces of cardboard. And of course piling them full of syrup and other sugary crap doesn't seem like a good idea either - gross. I just eat this plain and it has more than enough flavour, like a tasty muffin so you don't need any butter, syrup or other crap on it. Perfection!

I am going to experiment tomorrow and try it with blackberries and coconut flakes instead of cinnamon. :)

Replies

• LividMuffin
    LividMuffin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! I tried your recipe yesterday morning, my first protein pancakes.. And it was delicious!! Although I only used egg white and a bit more milk. As you say they were really nice on their own but I topped it with 1/2 spoon of honey and some hot berries, absolute heaven! Thanks for the recipe!
  • michybeans
    michybeans Posts: 106
    Options
    Awesome, glad you liked it!! :D Your modifications sound good too, I will try it that way next time. And berries too... yum, I love berries. :)