Tips about going raw?

Options
2»

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy is the major known side effect.
    :laugh:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You would get much better information if you went into the raw groups and asked questions about this. The Standard American Diet people don't take kindly to having their methods questioned.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?utf8=✓&phrase=raw

ETA: not that the information is less biased, just that it's biased in the direction that you're looking for :heart:

useful to the op, while throwing middle fingers up to almost everyone reading...I like your style...are we friends? ;)

That's how I do. Tell it like it is. *throws up middle finger to anyone I missed*

Two fingers plz
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Tips about going raw? Don't.

And bonus life tip: don't make decisions based on YouTube videos.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You would get much better information if you went into the raw groups and asked questions about this. The Standard American Diet people don't take kindly to having their methods questioned.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?utf8=✓&phrase=raw

ETA: not that the information is less biased, just that it's biased in the direction that you're looking for :heart:

useful to the op, while throwing middle fingers up to almost everyone reading...I like your style...are we friends? ;)

That's how I do. Tell it like it is. *throws up middle finger to anyone I missed*

Two fingers plz

For you? *examines toy collection* NO FINGERS for you.
  • moondazed
    moondazed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've tried going completely raw a couple of times and only lasted about 2 weeks. I found that it made me feel ill, tired, bloated, and just generally not very good. All that raw food (especially fruits and veggies) is really hard on the digestive system.
    If you want to go raw, I would recommend trying raw until 4! So you eat a raw breakfast and raw lunch, but then for dinner you can eat cooked food. From what I've heard, this is a lot easier to follow and has less side effects. This is also what I do on some days and I feel great. :)
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Tips about going raw? Don't.

And bonus life tip: don't make decisions based on YouTube videos.

I agree. Not only is it limiting, can you handle eating pounds of rabbit food a day? I am all for eating more veggies and whatnot, but the raw lifestyle itself seems mighty difficult to maintain.
    And Youtube is the Almighty! How dare you question its abounding knowledge!
  • Fenrissa
    Fenrissa Posts: 116
    Options
    Don't.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    use more lube
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I don't do 'raw'. Too risky.
  • bumpkinz
    bumpkinz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've had wonderful results being raw for just 6 weeks (lost 10 lbs, better workouts, better skin). The only things that made me feel bad we're too many nuts or too much dried fruit (love mulberries too much...). Eating fresh fruits and vegetables makes me feel great! I also am not super strict. I cheat with caffeine (I will quit in 6 weeks) and I cheat with nutritional yeast and the occasional cooked vegetable dish if I'm out with friends (maybe once every other week). My advice would be increase your fresh fruit/veggie intake no matter your diet and for sure cut the processed food and refined sugar (I know that's what they all say!).
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I eat raw food.

and I also eat cooked food.

You should try both.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    This thread is not what I thought it would be.