Festival / camping foods

Options
I'm going to a festival this weekend for 4 days, and am trying to think of healthy/easy meal ideas. I go camping multiple times throughout the summer, and would like to avoid eating low quality vendor foods while doing so.

I saw somebody post something similar to this a few weeks ago, but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas. I plan on bringing fruit, canned tuna, and PB&J ingredients. I have no quarrels with cooking over the fire, but don't want to have to dedicate a lot of time to prep / cleanup for it, so I can have more time to enjoy being with friends and listening to music.

*Note: I plan on dancing my @$$ off, and will indulge somewhat, but eating nachos for breakfast doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Replies

• asianrunner
    asianrunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Thanks for the link! I didn't think of shish kabobs but that sounds really easy. :)
  • wishflower
    Options
    Protein bars. You can bring protein powder too in a baggie. Easy since you just have to add the water!

Rice cakes, turkey hot dogs over the fire, fresh cut veggies and yogurt/dressing dip, or veggies over the fire in a foil pack. Baked potatoes in a foil pack. Fresh cut fruits. Precut and bag them so you don't have any work to do. Prebagged or jarred salads. Oatmeal - packets or overnight oats. Pudding cups. Any kind of nuts, granola or even trail mix. Beef jerky.

Hard boiled eggs. Walmart or most stores carry an egg holder in the camping section. Would work perfect for already cooked hard boiled ones.

Sliced apples, bananas or celery with PB. Graham crackers with PB and banana slices.

Pita pockets that you can stuff or fold over with your choice of food inside. Or to go along with jarred salads.

Tortillas - add a middle layer of cheese, melt over the fire, and you can have cheese quesadillas. Could bring a container of salsa and corn.

No bake energy bites (lots of recipes around)

Baby Bel or string cheeses

Crackers

Canned chicken and mayo packets for chicken salad