100 days, 44 pounds, priceless changes. :)

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
I started on MFP exactly 100 days ago and I decided that it’s time for a progress report – especially since today marks the end of the year.

WEIGHT
Starting: 280.0 pounds
Current: 236.0 pounds

:happy: TOTAL WEIGHT LOST: 44.0 pounds:happy:

MEASUREMENTS:
Starting Hip: 54.0 inches
Current Hip: 46.0 inches
Loss: 8.0 inches

Starting Thigh: 32.0 inches
Current Thigh: 26.0 inches
Loss: 6 inches each, total 12.0 inches

Starting Calf: 19.5 inches
Current Calf: 17.5 inches
Loss: 2.0 inches, total 4.0 inches

Starting Waist: 45.5 inches
Current Waist: 35.0 inches
Loss: 10.5 inches

Starting Chest: 51.0 inches
Current Chest: 48.0 inches
Loss: 3.0 inches

Starting Upper Arm: 16 inches
Current Upper Arm: 14.25 inches
Loss: 1.75 inches, total 3.5 inches

Starting Neck: 15.5 inches
Current Neck: 14.25 inches
Loss: 1.25 inch

:happy: TOTAL INCHES LOST: 42.25 inches:happy:

Now that the numbers are taken care of, let’s get down to what really matters – progress made in my lifestyle.

When I started on MFP, I never exercised. Ever. Well, I might do the Wii 3 or 4 times a year, but that’s about it.
I now exercise 6 days a week for at least 30 minutes each day. I swim, do the stationary bike or treadmill, take a Zumba class (and now do the awesome Zumba Fitness for the Wii), and walk a lot.

It is my hope to be able to run a 5K by the time I’m done, but I am not going to even start the C25K until I have lost some more weight and can also buy better tennis shoes as I don’t want to put unnecessary added pressure on my joints at this point.

Anyway, my day doesn’t feel complete if I haven’t worked out.

When I started on MFP, I ate a lot of crap – although I liked fruits and veggies, I mostly just ate junk (and way too much of it)
Now, I eat nutritious, wholesome foods every day and make sure to provide my family with healthy meals. I have been under my calorie goal every day except for one (way back in mid October), am almost always considerably below my sodium limit, and I don’t feel deprived or hungry in any way.

When I started on MFP, I almost never drank water. I drank a lot of lemonade, but very little water.
I now drink 12-16 cups of water every day and that is usually the only thing I drink. I might have some 100% juice once or twice a month or drink a soy latte occasionally, but 99% of what I drink is water.

When I started on MFP, I was always tired. I worked, ate, read, and slept. That’s about it. I always felt incredibly drained.
Now I have more energy, am more engaged with my family, sleep more soundly (unless my hubby is snoring), and am a million times more confident.

Also, I have always had tachycardia (rapid heart rate), even when I was thinner, but – I am sure due to the exercise I get in – my resting heart rate has gone from 110-115 (way too high) to around 60 – NORMAL for the first time in my life! Wooooohooooo!

Anyway, I have a loooong way to go before I meet my weight loss goal, but I am proud of the progress I have made so far and love my new lifestyle.

Replies

• rtrautmann
    Options
    congratulations! I wish you the best of luck for the new year as well (:
  • snowmom
    Options
    Great job! You are an inspiration!
  • NikkiLynn76
    Options
    Congrats, and amazing job!!
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. And, you are an inspiration. Happy New Year.
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Get it girl!
    I am really proud of you!
    You inspire me everyday! :-D
    end of story.
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Love your determination, keep it up!!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I love these stories! Keep it up!! You know how awesome you are, but I'll say it anyway! Fabulous!!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Cory -- you are doing so well! Congrats on your "year-end" success! I am 100% sure you will reach your goal in 2011! You are an inspiration!
  • Luckie712
    Options
    Congratulations! You are fantastic! I know that you will have no problem meeting your goals. To echo everyone else, you are an inspiration!
  • lisapooh1
    Options
    That's Amazing!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Cory! What amazing changes can happen in 100 days! Keep up the great work!
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Thats amazing! Thanks for sharing and Congrats :drinker:
  • Isabelle_33
    Isabelle_33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    keep going you're doing a good job ;O)
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Great Job.. We all take baby steps at a time... I know you can run a 5k. I ran a 5k when I weighed 221lbs. you just have to train yourself for about 2 months before you are ready.... I did it in about 5 wks. it was alot of fun, & it felt like an accomplishment...good luck to another Great Year...
  • shrinkingviolets
    Options
    I just signed up today and I am where you started. Thanks for your story! I hope that in 100 days I have had as much success as you!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your support and encouragement! Here's a visual of the change so far - the picture on the left is from "before" and the one on the right is from last night:
    44lbs.jpg
  • You look amazing! I've also always suffered from rapid heart rate and incredible drowsiness. I never realized that might be my weight. Thank you this has given me hope for my future!
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiring post. It's good to hear about lifestyle changes and health benefits in addition to the weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!