Anyone tried PB2 powdered peanut butter?

Options
Basically what the topic says, i saw it on Dr Oz and wanted to know what you guys thought of it, does it taste as good as peanut butter? is it worth buying? :) I love peanut butter and if something tastes the same with less calories that would be awesome

Replies

• HealthyEscape
    Options
    I really enjoy it when I get it. Great to throw in shakes/smoothies, or just mix with water to dip things in. Kinda pricey, but I liked it better than regular peanut butter.
  • MrsFlint2013
    MrsFlint2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's okay. Does NOT taste the same as peanut butter, imo. But, not bad for the calories. :)
  • mrs_shivy47
    Options
    I have tried it, and really like it. For using in baking it's a little difficult to figure out how much to use. But I like have the lower calorie count that it offers.
  • Lorelyrra
    Lorelyrra Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I really like it. It's great on toast or my new favorite thing: add 2 Tbsp to 1/2 cup of pancake mix and cook, then top with bananas. Peanut butter banana pancakes!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time in oatmeal and in smoothies. Handy stuff!
  • kapoorpk
    kapoorpk Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yes, it great...to me it tastes exactly like PB, with reduced fat...comes in a powdered form...have to mix it with water to eat it...I order mine in bulk from amazon...love it.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I just ate some on a lightly toasted bread with bananas on top, it was delicious.

It doesn't taste exactly like peanut butter, but I still think its good. I keep both PB2 and normal peanut butter in my cabinet and depending on what I'm wanting to make I choose accordingly.
  • only1life4us
    Options
    I put it into my shakes.. makes it taste amazing!
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love it. Better than "actual" peanut butter, in my opinion. I don't know where this stuff has been all my life. And the chocolate flavor is amazing too. You can regulate the thickness simply by however much water you want to add to it. It's badass. And for "crunchy" peanut butter I lightly blend some almonds and mix it in. I can't recommend this stuff enough. People complain about some nutrients being stripped, but for 45 calories a serving, you can add it with other nutritional foodstuffs and you'll be fine.
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I love PB2! I've only tried it in shakes and it's great. I've used both the normal flavour and chocolate.
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    On a side note, I had a hard time finding it at first. My local HEB was always out of stock (and no other big-name stores carried it) so I had to visit some small no-name health stores in my area. It was worth the search, though.
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    On a side note, I had a hard time finding it at first. My local HEB was always out of stock (and no other big-name stores carried it) so I had to visit some small no-name health stores in my area. It was worth the search, though.

Wow such great comments, i will have to buy some! Have you or anyone else bought it from an online source? I haven't seen it in any stores where i live
  • Canuname
    Canuname Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Amazon has it. In our local stores it was hard to find at first. Thought it would have been in the diet foods or organic section, but was actually in the bread aisle.
    I just bought it and have not tried it, so I can't give you a review, but everything I have read about it sounds good.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a huge fan. It just isn't as satisfying to me for some reason. I also find that I have to mix it with water before mixing it into other things, otherwise it has a weird aftertaste that I definitely didn't like.
  • Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I really like it. It's great on toast or my new favorite thing: add 2 Tbsp to 1/2 cup of pancake mix and cook, then top with bananas. Peanut butter banana pancakes!

That sounds delicious!! Thank you for thee idea.
  • chelseasans
    chelseasans Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i put in in my protein shakes with chocolate protein powder, and a banana. yum!
  • melsayshello
    melsayshello Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love it! blend it with frozen bananas and it makes an ice cream <3
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Wow such great comments, i will have to buy some! Have you or anyone else bought it from an online source? I haven't seen it in any stores where i live

I buy it from their site . I usually grab the four 1lb bags for $27.16 comes out to $6.79 a bag.
    http://www.bellplantation.com/products.html
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Personally I would rather eat the natural real deal than a processed powder, but I see the appeal.