Coconut oil

Options
Hey I've recently started taking coconut oil, mainly 2 table spoon a day,my fat intake seem to sky rocket on the chart. Should I be concern and reduce it to 1 tablespoon or keep doing 2 because it's a good fat intake. Thanks in advance

Replies

• Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Most fats and oils have similar fat grams per tablespoon. Two tablespoons of coconut oil is (approximately, off the top of my head if I remember correctly) 32 fat grams. That's a significant bump in fat, if you're on a limited fat program.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you asking in reference to weight loss.....is it putting you over on your calories? If it's not putting you over on calories and you like it, there is no reason to cut it out, it won't hurt your loss. Dietary fat doesn't make you fat.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is a healthy fat!
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Why are you just eating plain coconut oil? >>
  • valjean5
    valjean5 Posts: 17
    Options
    Not just eating oconut oil. Just taking it for weight loss
  • kerrifics
    kerrifics Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have started to use coconut oil it is very good for you, I just have a teaspoon a day when i remember it!
    also apply it to my skin too :smile:
  • kuntry_navySD
    kuntry_navySD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i got a buddy that was an old school bodybuilder. dude swears by it. just work a little harder if you fear the calories from it. it'll definitely start tasting way better by the bottom of the jug too lol
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Most fats and oils have similar fat grams per tablespoon. Two tablespoons of coconut oil is (approximately, off the top of my head if I remember correctly) 32 fat grams. That's a significant bump in fat, if you're on a limited fat program.

It's a good fat and will help with weight loss. Fat does not make us fat; as long as it is good, healthy fat. Coconut is one of those good fats. It's also the best oil to cook with (use neutral flavor)

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity Group