Howdy

Options
Bulls_23
Bulls_23 Posts: 199 Member
Hello everyone!

Joined this site because I figured it couldn't hurt!

Trying to drop around 40 lbs, no real time deadline, but I'd like to get about 10 lbs a month off. I figure it'll likely be quicker at first then slow down after a month or so.

I used to be in decent shape and this winter just destroyed me. Stupid Illinois! I've gotten to the point where I eat way too much fast food, drink beer, drink those stupid coffee drinks, gatorade and snack on all the wrong stuff.

I sorta decided to dedicate myself yesterday. Went to the grocery store and bought some Cheerios, skim milk, low fat yogurt, blueberries, turkey from the deli, wheat bread a bananas. Oh and I'm trying to only drink water for the most part as well, which I wasn't doing at all before.

I have a split shift job so in the mornings I work from 630-830 then go back from 2-630. I'm on my feet a lot at work, so that's good, but my hours made breakfast pretty much non-existant for me. Normally during my break I just lay around because I'm tired, but I really want to start walking for around an hour everyday during my break. Now that the weather is getting a little nicer, I figure I've got a better shot at following that!

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and hope to post here often!

Replies

• LauraBest2013
    LauraBest2013 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome along!

I always find these forums so supportive and helpful, it really is motivating to have plenty other people all aiming for the same goal.

Laura x
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you're off to a good start! You have nice time in the afternoon to get a good workout in and eat well/meal prep.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome.

Everyone has to start somewhere and we all have our own struggles with life schedule and whatnot.

Sometimes you have to make due with what you have....split shifts might be tough to get motivated...but honestly sometimes I wish I had a few hours in the middle of the day to go "home from work" I would totally go to the gym at that time. Get your workout in eat a healthy lunch prepare a healthy dinner for second split... You can make it work...just figure out a plan and start it...then stick to it!!

Good luck! Welcome to MFP
  • Bulls_23
    Bulls_23 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Well day one in the books.

Only drank water today aside from one cup of coffee and one small cup of OJ.

Did some math and in drinks alone I was getting about 1,200 calories a day. Damn, it felt disgusting just typing that!

Everything else was good, felt like I ate a good amount, but everything was wheat bread, turkey, lean ham, plain cheerios, and blueberries
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    10 pounds a month is pretty aggressive. I hope you're prepared for how hungry you're likely to be.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Here are a couple of reads that will get you started to reach your goals:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

They are really helpful and taking time to read them will save you a lot of headaches later.